Maroon 5 Premieres New Song 'It Was Always You'
Maroon 5 has debuted a new track called "It Was Always You". Co-written by frontman Adam Levine and co-produced by The Monsters and The Strangerz, the track is available for free download to those who pre-order the band's highly-anticipated album "V" on iTunes.
"It Was Always You" is an up-tempo pop/rock track that features Levine talking about turning friendship into love relationship. "My whole life we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind," he sings over the electronic beat. "But now I realize, it was always you."
"V" is slated to come out on September 2 via Interscope Records. Maroon 5 has hired a number of hitmakers like Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder to produce the album, which has also been preceded by lead single "Maps".
Levine recently revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2012's "Overexposed" in an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"It's kind of everything we've ever done as a band musically. It's kind of all of those things on this album. It's what we used to sound like, it's what we sound like now, it's what we want to sound like tomorrow. It's all those elements all combined to make one, I think, really great album," he explained.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier