Maroon 5 Premieres New Song 'It Was Always You'
Maroon 5 has debuted a new track called "It Was Always You". Co-written by frontman Adam Levine and co-produced by The Monsters and The Strangerz, the track is available for free download to those who pre-order the band's highly-anticipated album "V" on iTunes.
"It Was Always You" is an up-tempo pop/rock track that features Levine talking about turning friendship into love relationship. "My whole life we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind," he sings over the electronic beat. "But now I realize, it was always you."
"V" is slated to come out on September 2 via Interscope Records. Maroon 5 has hired a number of hitmakers like Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder to produce the album, which has also been preceded by lead single "Maps".
Levine recently revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2012's "Overexposed" in an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"It's kind of everything we've ever done as a band musically. It's kind of all of those things on this album. It's what we used to sound like, it's what we sound like now, it's what we want to sound like tomorrow. It's all those elements all combined to make one, I think, really great album," he explained.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up