Maroon 5 Premieres New Song 'It Was Always You'
Maroon 5 has debuted a new track called "It Was Always You". Co-written by frontman Adam Levine and co-produced by The Monsters and The Strangerz, the track is available for free download to those who pre-order the band's highly-anticipated album "V" on iTunes.
"It Was Always You" is an up-tempo pop/rock track that features Levine talking about turning friendship into love relationship. "My whole life we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind," he sings over the electronic beat. "But now I realize, it was always you."
"V" is slated to come out on September 2 via Interscope Records. Maroon 5 has hired a number of hitmakers like Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder to produce the album, which has also been preceded by lead single "Maps".
Levine recently revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2012's "Overexposed" in an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"It's kind of everything we've ever done as a band musically. It's kind of all of those things on this album. It's what we used to sound like, it's what we sound like now, it's what we want to sound like tomorrow. It's all those elements all combined to make one, I think, really great album," he explained.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child