Maroon 5 Premieres New Song 'It Was Always You'
Maroon 5 has debuted a new track called "It Was Always You". Co-written by frontman Adam Levine and co-produced by The Monsters and The Strangerz, the track is available for free download to those who pre-order the band's highly-anticipated album "V" on iTunes.
"It Was Always You" is an up-tempo pop/rock track that features Levine talking about turning friendship into love relationship. "My whole life we never crossed the line, only friends in my mind," he sings over the electronic beat. "But now I realize, it was always you."
"V" is slated to come out on September 2 via Interscope Records. Maroon 5 has hired a number of hitmakers like Max Martin, Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder to produce the album, which has also been preceded by lead single "Maps".
Levine recently revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2012's "Overexposed" in an interview with Ryan Seacrest.
"It's kind of everything we've ever done as a band musically. It's kind of all of those things on this album. It's what we used to sound like, it's what we sound like now, it's what we want to sound like tomorrow. It's all those elements all combined to make one, I think, really great album," he explained.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers