Bryan Singer's Accuser Michael Egan Loses Attorney After Backing Out of Settlement
A man named Michael Egan, who sued Bryan Singer for sex abuse, is losing his lawyers. Florida attorney Jeff Herman said in an emailed statement on Tuesday, July 29, "We are in the process of withdrawing from representing Mr. Egan in all his cases and have no further comment concerning his matters at this time."
The attorney withdrawal comes after it was revealed that Egan had agreed to settle the case with Singer. He was reportedly offered $100,000 to drop the case, while he could get millions if he had a valid sexual molestation case.
But now Egan has reportedly changed his mind, saying, "This exact kind of take-it-and-shut-up deal is why I decided to stand up in the first place." He lost his lawyers in the process as Herman wanted to settle the case.
"This was a last-ditch attempt to save face from what was nothing more than an unsubstantiated, unsuccessful shakedown of Bryan Singer based on false allegations," said the 44-year-old director's lawyer Martin Singer, who is not related to the filmmaker, of the settlement.
Egan also sued three other Hollywood figures, Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard, for similar conducts. The former aspiring model has withdrawn the lawsuit against Goddard and Ancier. The case against Neuman was withdrawn in early June, but it was re-filed two days later.
Singer was also named in a sex abuse lawsuit by an anonymous British actor along with Goddard, but the "X-Men: First Class" director has been dismissed from the case earlier this month.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed