Bryan Singer's Accuser Michael Egan Loses Attorney After Backing Out of Settlement
A man named Michael Egan, who sued Bryan Singer for sex abuse, is losing his lawyers. Florida attorney Jeff Herman said in an emailed statement on Tuesday, July 29, "We are in the process of withdrawing from representing Mr. Egan in all his cases and have no further comment concerning his matters at this time."
The attorney withdrawal comes after it was revealed that Egan had agreed to settle the case with Singer. He was reportedly offered $100,000 to drop the case, while he could get millions if he had a valid sexual molestation case.
But now Egan has reportedly changed his mind, saying, "This exact kind of take-it-and-shut-up deal is why I decided to stand up in the first place." He lost his lawyers in the process as Herman wanted to settle the case.
"This was a last-ditch attempt to save face from what was nothing more than an unsubstantiated, unsuccessful shakedown of Bryan Singer based on false allegations," said the 44-year-old director's lawyer Martin Singer, who is not related to the filmmaker, of the settlement.
Egan also sued three other Hollywood figures, Garth Ancier, David Neuman and Gary Goddard, for similar conducts. The former aspiring model has withdrawn the lawsuit against Goddard and Ancier. The case against Neuman was withdrawn in early June, but it was re-filed two days later.
Singer was also named in a sex abuse lawsuit by an anonymous British actor along with Goddard, but the "X-Men: First Class" director has been dismissed from the case earlier this month.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake