Lady GaGa Sets Release Date of Jazz Album With Tony Bennett
Lady GaGa's long-delayed project with Tony Bennett will finally see the light of day later this year. The "Applause" singer has officially announced that her joint jazz album with Bennett, "Cheek to Cheek", will be released on September 23.
The album has been in the works for two years now. It will feature GaGa and Bennett performing jazz standards including "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)", "Sophisticated Lady" and "Lush Life".
For the forthcoming record, the duo has also covered Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". The new version of the classic is now available on iTunes. A video showing the two stars performing in a studio arrived on Vevo on Tuesday, July 29.
"I love the way she sings. She's a wonderful person," Bennett said of his collaborator when they visited the "Today" show. GaGa returned the compliment, saying, "He's a legend, and it's a total honor to be singing with him. He's really changed my life, asking me to sing with him."
"Cheek to Cheek" won't mark GaGa's first time to have worked with Bennett. The two singers previously collaborated in 2011 for a cover of "The Lady Is a Tramp" from his "Duets II" album.
Lady GaGa's "Anything Goes" (feat. Tony Bennet) music video
More Lady GaGa News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series