Lady GaGa Sets Release Date of Jazz Album With Tony Bennett
Lady GaGa's long-delayed project with Tony Bennett will finally see the light of day later this year. The "Applause" singer has officially announced that her joint jazz album with Bennett, "Cheek to Cheek", will be released on September 23.
The album has been in the works for two years now. It will feature GaGa and Bennett performing jazz standards including "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)", "Sophisticated Lady" and "Lush Life".
For the forthcoming record, the duo has also covered Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". The new version of the classic is now available on iTunes. A video showing the two stars performing in a studio arrived on Vevo on Tuesday, July 29.
"I love the way she sings. She's a wonderful person," Bennett said of his collaborator when they visited the "Today" show. GaGa returned the compliment, saying, "He's a legend, and it's a total honor to be singing with him. He's really changed my life, asking me to sing with him."
"Cheek to Cheek" won't mark GaGa's first time to have worked with Bennett. The two singers previously collaborated in 2011 for a cover of "The Lady Is a Tramp" from his "Duets II" album.
Lady GaGa's "Anything Goes" (feat. Tony Bennet) music video
More Lady GaGa News
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years