Lady GaGa Sets Release Date of Jazz Album With Tony Bennett
Lady GaGa's long-delayed project with Tony Bennett will finally see the light of day later this year. The "Applause" singer has officially announced that her joint jazz album with Bennett, "Cheek to Cheek", will be released on September 23.
The album has been in the works for two years now. It will feature GaGa and Bennett performing jazz standards including "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)", "Sophisticated Lady" and "Lush Life".
For the forthcoming record, the duo has also covered Cole Porter's "Anything Goes". The new version of the classic is now available on iTunes. A video showing the two stars performing in a studio arrived on Vevo on Tuesday, July 29.
"I love the way she sings. She's a wonderful person," Bennett said of his collaborator when they visited the "Today" show. GaGa returned the compliment, saying, "He's a legend, and it's a total honor to be singing with him. He's really changed my life, asking me to sing with him."
"Cheek to Cheek" won't mark GaGa's first time to have worked with Bennett. The two singers previously collaborated in 2011 for a cover of "The Lady Is a Tramp" from his "Duets II" album.
More Lady GaGa News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift