Maksim Chmerkovskiy Confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' Departure
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is officially quitting "Dancing with the Stars". The Ukrainian native, who first joined the show as a pro dancing partner to the celebrity contestant in the second season, confirmed his departure from the reality show on "The View".
"I'm done dancing," he said on the daytime talk show on Tuesday, July 29. "I feel like it's time." The 34-year-old had exited the show before in 2013, but returned later for the 18th season in which he was partnered with Meryl Davis and won his first Mirrorball trophy.
"When I came back to the show, it was not the same - I was different, probably," he said of his return earlier this year. "In my head before, certain things aggravated me unnecessarily, and when I came back, I saw amazing talent, Val included," he added, praising his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy who also appeared as a guest on "The View" that day. "I looked at it and thought they can do much more and better. I was taking up a huge spot."
Maks, however, dodged question from "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd about Jennifer Lopez, with whom he has been reported having a romantic relationship. Both stars have vehemently denied the dating rumors.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC