Maksim Chmerkovskiy Confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' Departure
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is officially quitting "Dancing with the Stars". The Ukrainian native, who first joined the show as a pro dancing partner to the celebrity contestant in the second season, confirmed his departure from the reality show on "The View".
"I'm done dancing," he said on the daytime talk show on Tuesday, July 29. "I feel like it's time." The 34-year-old had exited the show before in 2013, but returned later for the 18th season in which he was partnered with Meryl Davis and won his first Mirrorball trophy.
"When I came back to the show, it was not the same - I was different, probably," he said of his return earlier this year. "In my head before, certain things aggravated me unnecessarily, and when I came back, I saw amazing talent, Val included," he added, praising his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy who also appeared as a guest on "The View" that day. "I looked at it and thought they can do much more and better. I was taking up a huge spot."
Maks, however, dodged question from "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd about Jennifer Lopez, with whom he has been reported having a romantic relationship. Both stars have vehemently denied the dating rumors.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts