Maksim Chmerkovskiy Confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' Departure
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is officially quitting "Dancing with the Stars". The Ukrainian native, who first joined the show as a pro dancing partner to the celebrity contestant in the second season, confirmed his departure from the reality show on "The View".
"I'm done dancing," he said on the daytime talk show on Tuesday, July 29. "I feel like it's time." The 34-year-old had exited the show before in 2013, but returned later for the 18th season in which he was partnered with Meryl Davis and won his first Mirrorball trophy.
"When I came back to the show, it was not the same - I was different, probably," he said of his return earlier this year. "In my head before, certain things aggravated me unnecessarily, and when I came back, I saw amazing talent, Val included," he added, praising his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy who also appeared as a guest on "The View" that day. "I looked at it and thought they can do much more and better. I was taking up a huge spot."
Maks, however, dodged question from "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd about Jennifer Lopez, with whom he has been reported having a romantic relationship. Both stars have vehemently denied the dating rumors.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director