Maksim Chmerkovskiy Confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' Departure
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is officially quitting "Dancing with the Stars". The Ukrainian native, who first joined the show as a pro dancing partner to the celebrity contestant in the second season, confirmed his departure from the reality show on "The View".
"I'm done dancing," he said on the daytime talk show on Tuesday, July 29. "I feel like it's time." The 34-year-old had exited the show before in 2013, but returned later for the 18th season in which he was partnered with Meryl Davis and won his first Mirrorball trophy.
"When I came back to the show, it was not the same - I was different, probably," he said of his return earlier this year. "In my head before, certain things aggravated me unnecessarily, and when I came back, I saw amazing talent, Val included," he added, praising his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy who also appeared as a guest on "The View" that day. "I looked at it and thought they can do much more and better. I was taking up a huge spot."
Maks, however, dodged question from "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd about Jennifer Lopez, with whom he has been reported having a romantic relationship. Both stars have vehemently denied the dating rumors.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!