Maksim Chmerkovskiy Confirms 'Dancing with the Stars' Departure
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is officially quitting "Dancing with the Stars". The Ukrainian native, who first joined the show as a pro dancing partner to the celebrity contestant in the second season, confirmed his departure from the reality show on "The View".
"I'm done dancing," he said on the daytime talk show on Tuesday, July 29. "I feel like it's time." The 34-year-old had exited the show before in 2013, but returned later for the 18th season in which he was partnered with Meryl Davis and won his first Mirrorball trophy.
"When I came back to the show, it was not the same - I was different, probably," he said of his return earlier this year. "In my head before, certain things aggravated me unnecessarily, and when I came back, I saw amazing talent, Val included," he added, praising his brother Valentin Chmerkovskiy who also appeared as a guest on "The View" that day. "I looked at it and thought they can do much more and better. I was taking up a huge spot."
Maks, however, dodged question from "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd about Jennifer Lopez, with whom he has been reported having a romantic relationship. Both stars have vehemently denied the dating rumors.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years