Lily Allen's Handcuff Picture Forces Australian Federal Police to Launch Internal Investigation
Australian Federal Police (AFP) will launch an internal investigation on police officers who got involved in Lily Allen's joke photo. Lily previously pulled a prank by sharing on her social media accounts a joke picture featuring her and Australian police officers on July 27.
In the picture, Lily is being handcuffed by a cop while she kneels down. Some other cops are seen standing near her. She captioned the picture, which was taken at Gold Coast Airport in Queensland, with "#uhoh." Not long after that, Lily posted the link of the picture on Twitter.
An AFP spokesman said, "On July 27, Lily Allen was escorted by AFP members whilst transitting through Coolangatta airport at her request. Ms Allen requested a photo op so AFP members placed open handcuffs on her and posed for a photo which breached standard protocols. Ms Allen has NOT been arrested and is NOT being investigated. The AFP members are subject to internal measures."
The joke picture has now been taken down from Lily's social media accounts. Meanwhile, the "Air Balloon" singer's representative has not made any comments on the issue yet.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake