Lily Allen's Handcuff Picture Forces Australian Federal Police to Launch Internal Investigation
Australian Federal Police (AFP) will launch an internal investigation on police officers who got involved in Lily Allen's joke photo. Lily previously pulled a prank by sharing on her social media accounts a joke picture featuring her and Australian police officers on July 27.
In the picture, Lily is being handcuffed by a cop while she kneels down. Some other cops are seen standing near her. She captioned the picture, which was taken at Gold Coast Airport in Queensland, with "#uhoh." Not long after that, Lily posted the link of the picture on Twitter.
An AFP spokesman said, "On July 27, Lily Allen was escorted by AFP members whilst transitting through Coolangatta airport at her request. Ms Allen requested a photo op so AFP members placed open handcuffs on her and posed for a photo which breached standard protocols. Ms Allen has NOT been arrested and is NOT being investigated. The AFP members are subject to internal measures."
The joke picture has now been taken down from Lily's social media accounts. Meanwhile, the "Air Balloon" singer's representative has not made any comments on the issue yet.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'