Jaime King Opens Up About Infertility and Five Miscarriages Before Having Child
Jaime King opened up about her struggles to have a child in an Instagram post on July 25. The "Sin City" actress revealed she had struggled with infertility and five miscarriages before she gave birth to his son, James Knight.
Jaime posted, "For all the struggling women & moms out there that think they are alone - This is the truth about conceiving my son and struggles after. 8 yrs of pain and undiagnosed PCOS & Endometriosis. 9 doctors until Dr. Randy Harris diagnosed me & saved my life from a severe ectopic, 5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF, 26 IUI's, most with no outcome, 4 1/2 years of trying to conceive."
She continued, "26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home, milk supply issues, painful mastitis, uncontrollable crying while breast feeding, worked until the day before I [gave] birth and went back after 6 weeks after because I was afraid of letting others down."
She finished her post by writing three hashtags, showing her support to other women who had similar experience like hers, "#youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkthatterrifiesus." Unfortunately, the encouraging post has now been taken down from the photo sharing site.
Jaime got married to Kyle Newman, a director of movie "Fanboys" which Jaime starred in, in 2007. The couple welcomed their first child together on October 6, 2013.
Back in May, Jaime told ABC News about her son, "This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him. He's like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving child."
"There's definitely an identity crisis you go through, but it took a long time to get pregnant, for me the baby was such a blessing that the most important thing for me was that I was active."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support