Jaime King Opens Up About Infertility and Five Miscarriages Before Having Child
Jaime King opened up about her struggles to have a child in an Instagram post on July 25. The "Sin City" actress revealed she had struggled with infertility and five miscarriages before she gave birth to his son, James Knight.
Jaime posted, "For all the struggling women & moms out there that think they are alone - This is the truth about conceiving my son and struggles after. 8 yrs of pain and undiagnosed PCOS & Endometriosis. 9 doctors until Dr. Randy Harris diagnosed me & saved my life from a severe ectopic, 5 miscarriages, 5 rounds of IVF, 26 IUI's, most with no outcome, 4 1/2 years of trying to conceive."
She continued, "26 hours of brutal labor, early delivery b/c of sudden preeclampsia, tearing and tearing after the stitches were in once I was home, milk supply issues, painful mastitis, uncontrollable crying while breast feeding, worked until the day before I [gave] birth and went back after 6 weeks after because I was afraid of letting others down."
She finished her post by writing three hashtags, showing her support to other women who had similar experience like hers, "#youarenotalone #ihavetobebravetosupportothers #realtalkthatterrifiesus." Unfortunately, the encouraging post has now been taken down from the photo sharing site.
Jaime got married to Kyle Newman, a director of movie "Fanboys" which Jaime starred in, in 2007. The couple welcomed their first child together on October 6, 2013.
Back in May, Jaime told ABC News about her son, "This baby was a long time in the making and I feel like the universe put a little extra magic dust in him. He's like the happiest, most joyful, social and loving child."
"There's definitely an identity crisis you go through, but it took a long time to get pregnant, for me the baby was such a blessing that the most important thing for me was that I was active."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl