Aretha Franklin Opens Up About Restaurant Incident
Aretha Franklin recently stormed out of a restaurant following disrespectful behavior from a staffer. The incident took place at a Johnny Rockets restaurant in Niagara Falls, Ontario following a show in Lewiston, N.Y. After the concert, Franklin went to her favorite eatery and ordered a hamburger as well as a cherry coke to go, and took a seat while waiting for her order.
In an interview with NY Daily News, Franklin claimed that a staff member who is in her mid-30s told her to leave because the area was for people who dine in. "You can't sit there," Franklin recalled. "I said, 'Excuse me, what do you mean I can't sit here?' " In response to the worker's explanation, Franklin who was with her nephew said, "Ok, I'll have it here."
The staffer's reply, however, offended her. "You can't have it here because we've already rang you up as a takeout customer," the worker allegedly said, telling Franklin to stand outside the eatery which is located in a food court. "I got up and walked out. I said, 'You should eat it yourself and you pay for it,' " the Queen of Soul shared.
Calling the staffer "so rude and nasty," Franklin said, "She's a public servant and she shouldn't speak that way to anybody, celebrities or non-celebrities." Despite the incident, the legendary singer admitted that she still liked Johnny Rockets, saying, "I like Johnny Rockets and I'll go on liking Johnny Rockets, but not that one."
In a statement to The Associated Press, a representative for the restaurant said that they were sorry for the behavior of the "new and very young employee." They also claimed that the staffer had been "spoken to."
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery