Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'Parties at the Disco' Feat. ZZ Ward
Asher Roth has debuted the music video for his track "Parties at the Disco". Hitting the web on Friday, July 25, the visuals was shot entirely on 8 mm film by director by Kenny Koller in some places like Santa Monica Beach and Pier, Joshua Tree, Death Valley and Sequoia National Parks. Both Roth and his collaborator ZZ Ward appear in the clip, which also features plenty of nature shots.
"Parties at the Disco" is a cut off Roth's newest album "RetroHash". In the nostalgic track, Roth and Ward celebrate the simpler times in life. "Got a chill, sit down, remember how to be a child/ Wide eyes with a smile," Roth raps. "Styles of nostalgic/ Lisp and a cowlick/ Jumped to the moon/ With a spoon and a spatula/ Trapped in the past/ Thinking how do we get back to it/ Got that funny, funny feeling at last."
" 'Parties at the Disco' is the start of a journey. A nostalgic dreamscape that creates a wistful web strung from emptiness and desire," Roth said.
Asher Roth's "Parties at the Disco" (feat. ZZ Ward) music video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival