Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'Parties at the Disco' Feat. ZZ Ward
Asher Roth has debuted the music video for his track "Parties at the Disco". Hitting the web on Friday, July 25, the visuals was shot entirely on 8 mm film by director by Kenny Koller in some places like Santa Monica Beach and Pier, Joshua Tree, Death Valley and Sequoia National Parks. Both Roth and his collaborator ZZ Ward appear in the clip, which also features plenty of nature shots.
"Parties at the Disco" is a cut off Roth's newest album "RetroHash". In the nostalgic track, Roth and Ward celebrate the simpler times in life. "Got a chill, sit down, remember how to be a child/ Wide eyes with a smile," Roth raps. "Styles of nostalgic/ Lisp and a cowlick/ Jumped to the moon/ With a spoon and a spatula/ Trapped in the past/ Thinking how do we get back to it/ Got that funny, funny feeling at last."
" 'Parties at the Disco' is the start of a journey. A nostalgic dreamscape that creates a wistful web strung from emptiness and desire," Roth said.
Asher Roth's "Parties at the Disco" (feat. ZZ Ward) music video
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna