Video Premiere: Asher Roth's 'Parties at the Disco' Feat. ZZ Ward
Asher Roth has debuted the music video for his track "Parties at the Disco". Hitting the web on Friday, July 25, the visuals was shot entirely on 8 mm film by director by Kenny Koller in some places like Santa Monica Beach and Pier, Joshua Tree, Death Valley and Sequoia National Parks. Both Roth and his collaborator ZZ Ward appear in the clip, which also features plenty of nature shots.
"Parties at the Disco" is a cut off Roth's newest album "RetroHash". In the nostalgic track, Roth and Ward celebrate the simpler times in life. "Got a chill, sit down, remember how to be a child/ Wide eyes with a smile," Roth raps. "Styles of nostalgic/ Lisp and a cowlick/ Jumped to the moon/ With a spoon and a spatula/ Trapped in the past/ Thinking how do we get back to it/ Got that funny, funny feeling at last."
" 'Parties at the Disco' is the start of a journey. A nostalgic dreamscape that creates a wistful web strung from emptiness and desire," Roth said.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics