Tulisa Found Guilty of V Festival Assault
Tulisa plans to appeal after she was found guilty of assaulting a celebrity blogger at V Festival last year. The former judge on "The X Factor" then was ordered to pay 3,000 pound sterling which included 200 pound sterling of fine, 100 pound sterling compensation, 20 pound sterling victim surcharge and 2,700 pound sterling prosecution cost.
"I am quite sure to the requisite standard of proof, based on my analysis of the evidence that I have heard, that Ms Contostavlos did strike Mr Morgan in the face during an argument and that that blow caused minor bruising and swelling," District Judge Angus Hamilton said. Tulisa's assistant Gareth Varey was cleared of threatening behavior during a court meeting on Friday, July 25.
Following the conviction, Tulisa released a statement to media outside the Stratford Magistrates' Court, insisting that she was not guilty. "This has been a rollercoaster week for me. I never wanted any of this. There are a number of high profile witnesses who were there and know what happened. I urge them to come forward and tell the truth at the appeal," she said.
Wearing a blue suit over a white shirt, Tulisa added, "I am determined to clear my name as I have already done once this week. I repeat, I did not assault Vas J Morgan. I am innocent."
The legal drama started when she went physical on celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan at the V Festival in Essex on August 18, 2013 at 12.30 A.M. The court heard that the fight was the result of tension between the former N-Dubz member and the blogger after he posted her sex tape in 2012.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?