James Gunn Confirmed to Write and Direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Sequel
James Gunn who co-wrote and directed the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" returns to his post behind the lens for the sequel. Nicole Perlman who drafted the initial script for the first film confirmed to The Wrap that Gunn would pen the screenplay and helm "Guardians of the Galaxy 2".
"They started to figure it out pretty quick when they started getting the reactions from the audience; it was a very positive reaction," she said. "Of course they would want to make a sequel as long as it does well and people are excited about it, they'll wanna do a sequel. So, it's going to happen."
Although just recently Gunn himself gave a vogue answer to Badass Digest regarding the future Marvel film he's attached to as saying, "Actually my contract just says another Marvel film, it doesn't specify," Pearlman confirmed, "James will be directing 'Guardians 2,' so he would also be writing 'Guardians 2'."
The first installment of "Guardians of the Galaxy" is slated for August 1 release in the U.S. It stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, and Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer. Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper voice Groot and Rocket Raccoon respectively.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video