James Gunn Confirmed to Write and Direct 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Sequel
James Gunn who co-wrote and directed the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" returns to his post behind the lens for the sequel. Nicole Perlman who drafted the initial script for the first film confirmed to The Wrap that Gunn would pen the screenplay and helm "Guardians of the Galaxy 2".
"They started to figure it out pretty quick when they started getting the reactions from the audience; it was a very positive reaction," she said. "Of course they would want to make a sequel as long as it does well and people are excited about it, they'll wanna do a sequel. So, it's going to happen."
Although just recently Gunn himself gave a vogue answer to Badass Digest regarding the future Marvel film he's attached to as saying, "Actually my contract just says another Marvel film, it doesn't specify," Pearlman confirmed, "James will be directing 'Guardians 2,' so he would also be writing 'Guardians 2'."
The first installment of "Guardians of the Galaxy" is slated for August 1 release in the U.S. It stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, and Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer. Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper voice Groot and Rocket Raccoon respectively.
More Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher