Director Bryan Singer Dismissed From Sex Abuse Lawsuit by British Actor
Bryan Singer has been dismissed from a federal sex abuse case filed by an anonymous British actor which was referred to as "John Doe 117". Martin Singer, Bryan's lawyer, told The Hollywood Reporter, "We are pleased the case was dismissed."
However, Gary Goddard, who was also accused of the same case along with the "X-Men: First Class" director, has not been dismissed from the lawsuit. Meanwhile, the plaintiff's attorney has not made any comments about the dismissal of Bryan's lawsuit yet.
According to previous news, Bryan filed a motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by John, earlier this month. John previously filed the case against Bryan and Gary in May, claiming that the two men were "starting grabbing John Doe in a sexual manner" in a London's hotel room when he was a teenager.
The "John Doe" case is one of several cases which has been filed against Bryan. Another case, which was previously filed in Hawaii by Michael Egan against Bryan and three other men, including Gary, Garth Ancier and David Neuman, is currently still pending.
Bryan, who has directed three "X-Men" movies which have grossed over $600 million, will also work as the director in upcoming movie "X-Men: Apocalypse". The movie will have its original cast including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, and Jennifer Lawrence back in their respective roles. The superhero movie will be released in the U.S. on May 27, 2016.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia