Director Bryan Singer Dismissed From Sex Abuse Lawsuit by British Actor
Bryan Singer has been dismissed from a federal sex abuse case filed by an anonymous British actor which was referred to as "John Doe 117". Martin Singer, Bryan's lawyer, told The Hollywood Reporter, "We are pleased the case was dismissed."
However, Gary Goddard, who was also accused of the same case along with the "X-Men: First Class" director, has not been dismissed from the lawsuit. Meanwhile, the plaintiff's attorney has not made any comments about the dismissal of Bryan's lawsuit yet.
According to previous news, Bryan filed a motion to dismiss the case, which was brought by John, earlier this month. John previously filed the case against Bryan and Gary in May, claiming that the two men were "starting grabbing John Doe in a sexual manner" in a London's hotel room when he was a teenager.
The "John Doe" case is one of several cases which has been filed against Bryan. Another case, which was previously filed in Hawaii by Michael Egan against Bryan and three other men, including Gary, Garth Ancier and David Neuman, is currently still pending.
Bryan, who has directed three "X-Men" movies which have grossed over $600 million, will also work as the director in upcoming movie "X-Men: Apocalypse". The movie will have its original cast including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Hugh Jackman, and Jennifer Lawrence back in their respective roles. The superhero movie will be released in the U.S. on May 27, 2016.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung