'Ant-Man' Loses Three Actors Including Patrick Wilson
"Ant-Man" is losing a major portion of its cast. Not long after it was revealed that Matt Gerard and Kevin Weisman exited the project, it's reported that Patrick Wilson has also left the Marvel film.
"Ant-Man" has previously lost its original director and scribe Edgar Wright who announced in May that he left due to creative differences. It was a shocking revelation since Wright had been vocal about his passion of the superhero and had been developing it for around eight years. Peyton Reed was later brought on board to direct. The draft that Wright co-wrote with Joe Cornish has also been reworked.
The three aforementioned actors were attached to Wright's version. While Wilson's reason of exit was cited as scheduling conflicts, the other two's are not clear. Marvel is expected to make an announcement during its Saturday, July 26 panel at San Diego Comic-Con.
Paul Rudd is still attached to star along with Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly. Corey Stoll, who was cast right before Wright left, was still confident that the movie would blow fans away. "I'm absolutely thrilled," the actor told Collider. "Reading the script - the script that Edgar wrote, and the script that there is now - it's insane that this movie hasn't been made before."
The pic will be released in the U.S. in July 2015.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed