Joan Rivers Defends Israel, Disses Selena Gomez for 'Pray for Gaza' Post
Joan Rivers slammed Selena Gomez for posting "Pray for Gaza" message on Instagram. In an interview with a TMZ paparazzo at the Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday, July 24, the comedian went on an epic rant against Israel critics when the reporter mentioned the conflict.
"Selena Gomez, oh, yeah, that college grad," Rivers sneered when the reporter asked her opinion about celebrities who expressed their solidarity with the Palestinians. She continued, "Oh, well, if Selena said that...Yeah, let's see if she can spell Palestinian."
Rivers argued that what Israeli did is a legitimate attempt to defend themselves. She presented an analogy, "Let me just tell you- if New Jersey were firing rockets into New York, we would wipe them out. I am so bored. If we heard they were digging tunnels from New Jersey to New York, we would get rid of Jersey. So I don't want to hear any more, 'Oh, we'll do a partial truce.' The Palestinians can not throw rockets and expect people not to defend themselves."
According to the Palestinian health officials, the Palestinian death toll reached 817 on Thursday, July 24. More than 5,000 civilians have been wounded.
When asked about the civilian casualties in Gaza, Rivers blamed the militants for storing their weapons in civilian area. "If you don't want civilian casualties, then don't put your goddamn things in private homes!" she exclaimed, "I'm sorry, don't you dare put weapons stashes in private homes."
The reporter pointed out that many of those civilians had nowhere safe to go. Rivers shouted, "I don't care! They started it. You're all insane! They started it! What are you all saying, they started it. For months this has been going on. What are you supposed to do? How do I know? I've been over there- that's how I know."
She went on slamming major news media for their portrayal of Israel in the conflict. She said, "The BBC should be ashamed of themselves and CNN should be ashamed of themselves and everybody, stop it already!"
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday