Joan Rivers Defends Israel, Disses Selena Gomez for 'Pray for Gaza' Post
Joan Rivers slammed Selena Gomez for posting "Pray for Gaza" message on Instagram. In an interview with a TMZ paparazzo at the Los Angeles International Airport on Thursday, July 24, the comedian went on an epic rant against Israel critics when the reporter mentioned the conflict.
"Selena Gomez, oh, yeah, that college grad," Rivers sneered when the reporter asked her opinion about celebrities who expressed their solidarity with the Palestinians. She continued, "Oh, well, if Selena said that...Yeah, let's see if she can spell Palestinian."
Rivers argued that what Israeli did is a legitimate attempt to defend themselves. She presented an analogy, "Let me just tell you- if New Jersey were firing rockets into New York, we would wipe them out. I am so bored. If we heard they were digging tunnels from New Jersey to New York, we would get rid of Jersey. So I don't want to hear any more, 'Oh, we'll do a partial truce.' The Palestinians can not throw rockets and expect people not to defend themselves."
According to the Palestinian health officials, the Palestinian death toll reached 817 on Thursday, July 24. More than 5,000 civilians have been wounded.
When asked about the civilian casualties in Gaza, Rivers blamed the militants for storing their weapons in civilian area. "If you don't want civilian casualties, then don't put your goddamn things in private homes!" she exclaimed, "I'm sorry, don't you dare put weapons stashes in private homes."
The reporter pointed out that many of those civilians had nowhere safe to go. Rivers shouted, "I don't care! They started it. You're all insane! They started it! What are you all saying, they started it. For months this has been going on. What are you supposed to do? How do I know? I've been over there- that's how I know."
She went on slamming major news media for their portrayal of Israel in the conflict. She said, "The BBC should be ashamed of themselves and CNN should be ashamed of themselves and everybody, stop it already!"
More Joan Rivers News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...