Casey Kasem's Widow Jean Dropped by Lawyers
Jean Kasem, the widow of the late radio icon Casey Kasem, reportedly has been dropped by her legal team. According to TMZ, lawyers at Haney & Young have asked the court to relieve them from their duties as her legal counsels.
The report further suggests that the firm and Jean went separate ways because she was difficult to work with. She reportedly refuses to communicate by phone and rarely check her e-mails. In addition to the said actions, Jean reportedly owes them $500,000. According to the report, if she doesn't pay up, the money will come from Casey's estate.
In other news, a representative for Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem has told FOX411 that the radio legend's three children still have no info regarding their father's body. "The children really don't know where he is or if he has been [disposed of] or not. But they know this is not what they wanted," the rep said. However, they are "90 percent" sure that the body is not in Montreal and they would "not be surprised" if it's cremated already.
Casey's remains previously were said to have been transported to a funeral home in Montreal, but the body apparently did not reach the place. Just a few days prior to the revelation, a judge granted a temporary restraining order so that the body would not be cremated following a suspicion of elder abuse.
Casey's three children and Jean have been having arguments over his care. Casey passed away on June 15 at the age of 82 at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, Wash.
- Meek Mill Is Being Sued Over Deadly Shooting Outside His Concert Last Year
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- T.I. Confronts Tiny About Alleged Floyd Mayweather Affair
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles