Casey Kasem's Widow Jean Dropped by Lawyers
Jean Kasem, the widow of the late radio icon Casey Kasem, reportedly has been dropped by her legal team. According to TMZ, lawyers at Haney & Young have asked the court to relieve them from their duties as her legal counsels.
The report further suggests that the firm and Jean went separate ways because she was difficult to work with. She reportedly refuses to communicate by phone and rarely check her e-mails. In addition to the said actions, Jean reportedly owes them $500,000. According to the report, if she doesn't pay up, the money will come from Casey's estate.
In other news, a representative for Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem has told FOX411 that the radio legend's three children still have no info regarding their father's body. "The children really don't know where he is or if he has been [disposed of] or not. But they know this is not what they wanted," the rep said. However, they are "90 percent" sure that the body is not in Montreal and they would "not be surprised" if it's cremated already.
Casey's remains previously were said to have been transported to a funeral home in Montreal, but the body apparently did not reach the place. Just a few days prior to the revelation, a judge granted a temporary restraining order so that the body would not be cremated following a suspicion of elder abuse.
Casey's three children and Jean have been having arguments over his care. Casey passed away on June 15 at the age of 82 at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, Wash.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director