Report: Lil Wayne to Start Sports Management Company and Sign Cristiano Ronaldo
Lil Wayne reportedly is signing soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo into his new sports management company. According to a report by TMZ Sports, Wayne has been thinking of starting his own sports management company. It will partner with PolarisSports, which is affiliated with CAA and GestiFute where Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes operates.
Sources say that the Young Money rapper is signing the member of Portugal national team because they are close friends. The company will handle the soccer star's various affairs in the United States including endorsement deals and modeling.
Ronaldo posed for a photo with Japan's Prime Minister and others while sporting the Young Money/Cash Money sign during his visit to the country. He shared the photo on Twitter on Thursday, July 24 and wrote, "YMCMB with @jpn_pmo what you think @srod7 @liltunechi @euro."
It was recently announced that Ronaldo would join his Real Madrid teammates for the International Champions Cup. The Spanish club will face other big teams such as Inter Milan, AS Roma and Manchester United at the friendly competition which takes place in stadiums across the United States. The first match, which is against Inter Milan, will take place on July 26 at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley, California.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie