Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs Hockey Players' Selfie
Queen Elizabeth II pulled off an epic photobomb at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow on Thursday, July 24. The Queen made an appearance in a selfie which was taken by two members of Australian women's hockey team Hockeyroo and the photo went viral since then.
In the photo, the two athletes Jayde Taylor and Brooke Peris can be seen posing together and smiling widely. The Queen, who looks equally cheerful, is spotted not so far from them, smiling at their direction. "Ahhh The Queen photo-bombed our selfie!!" Taylor wrote excitedly.
Taylor then explained that the selfie was taken when the Queen was greeting the team. "Brooke [Peris] and I planned it so that when she came out the door she would be behind us. And then she came out and smiled at the camera! We were in the right spot at the right time," Taylor explained, as reported by New York Post.
"We were warming down on the second pitch after our game and the queen came out to meet Donny [team captain Madonna Blyth]. She asked us a bit about the pitch, how we were going and told us to enjoy our time here. She was lovely, really, really lovely," she added.
Their teammate Nelson Ashleigh's selfie also received royal treatment. "Queen Lizzie continues to follow me around the grounds. She is swift and nimble," she captioned the snap.
The 2014 Commonwealth Games opened on Wednesday. Rod Stewart and Susan Boyle were among stars who performed at the opening ceremony.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video