Jason Statham Competed in Diving Event in Newly-Unearthed Video
Jason Statham may be known as a successful action movie star, but once he was left red-faced as he competed for England at the 1990 Commonwealth Games in Auckland, New Zealand. BBC recently shared a clip of the then-young star of "The Transporter" showing off his tonned body as he took a dive at the sports competition.
Wearing a speedo just like other athletes, Statham competed in one-meter and three-meter springboard. He finished eighth in the first and placed 11th in the latter. The star of "The Expendables" then tried the 10m platform and he finished the 10th.
The 2014 Commonwealth Games, meanwhile, takes place in Glasgow starting from Wednesday, July 23. Rod Stewart and Susan Boyle were among stars who performed at the opening ceremony.
Statham was most recently photographed doing grocery shopping with his girlfriend Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at Bristol Farms in L.A. The actor was spotted wearing a casual outfit which consisted of a gray hoodie and black shorts. His girlfriend, meanwhile, looked pretty in a beige-colored top over a black dress.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby