Jason Statham Competed in Diving Event in Newly-Unearthed Video
Jason Statham may be known as a successful action movie star, but once he was left red-faced as he competed for England at the 1990 Commonwealth Games in Auckland, New Zealand. BBC recently shared a clip of the then-young star of "The Transporter" showing off his tonned body as he took a dive at the sports competition.
Wearing a speedo just like other athletes, Statham competed in one-meter and three-meter springboard. He finished eighth in the first and placed 11th in the latter. The star of "The Expendables" then tried the 10m platform and he finished the 10th.
The 2014 Commonwealth Games, meanwhile, takes place in Glasgow starting from Wednesday, July 23. Rod Stewart and Susan Boyle were among stars who performed at the opening ceremony.
Statham was most recently photographed doing grocery shopping with his girlfriend Rosie Huntington-Whiteley at Bristol Farms in L.A. The actor was spotted wearing a casual outfit which consisted of a gray hoodie and black shorts. His girlfriend, meanwhile, looked pretty in a beige-colored top over a black dress.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa