Hilary Duff Confirms 'Chasing the Sun' Single, Shares Preview
Hilary Duff is returning to the music scene with a new album that's coming out later this year via her new label RCA Records. The singer, who's ending her 7-year hiatus, is now readying the project's lead single that she has confirmed will be titled "Chasing the Sun".
The song is scheduled to be released on iTunes on July 29, the same day the music video will hit VEVO. " 'Chasing the Sun' is a light and fun summer song that I hope helps people to feel a little more carefree," Duff said of her new single.
The former "Lizzy McGuire" actress has teased how fun the song will be in a preview she has just shared on Instagram. In the short clip, the mother of one is featured dancing wildly on her bed while a snippet of the track is being played in the background.
" 'Chasing the Sun' is just a peek into my new album," Duff continued and then revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2007's "Dignity".
"I've worked very hard and the album is a great representation of the experiences I've had in my life and where I want to go from here!" she added. "I took a break from music for quite awhile, but it gave me the power to choose my next steps carefully and I'm really proud of the album I've made."
The LP currently has no official title. It is slated for release this fall.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet