Hilary Duff Confirms 'Chasing the Sun' Single, Shares Preview
Hilary Duff is returning to the music scene with a new album that's coming out later this year via her new label RCA Records. The singer, who's ending her 7-year hiatus, is now readying the project's lead single that she has confirmed will be titled "Chasing the Sun".
The song is scheduled to be released on iTunes on July 29, the same day the music video will hit VEVO. " 'Chasing the Sun' is a light and fun summer song that I hope helps people to feel a little more carefree," Duff said of her new single.
The former "Lizzy McGuire" actress has teased how fun the song will be in a preview she has just shared on Instagram. In the short clip, the mother of one is featured dancing wildly on her bed while a snippet of the track is being played in the background.
" 'Chasing the Sun' is just a peek into my new album," Duff continued and then revealed what to expect from the follow-up to 2007's "Dignity".
"I've worked very hard and the album is a great representation of the experiences I've had in my life and where I want to go from here!" she added. "I took a break from music for quite awhile, but it gave me the power to choose my next steps carefully and I'm really proud of the album I've made."
The LP currently has no official title. It is slated for release this fall.
More Hilary Duff News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO