Video: Lauryn Hill Lectures Fans About 'Respect' After Coming Late to Concert
Lauryn Hill removed a fan from her recent concert and lectured the crowd about "respect" after, ironically, she appeared on the stage almost an hour late. According to TMZ, the incident took place when the singer was performing at the House of Blues in Chicago last week.
Hill was scheduled to begin her show at 10:30 P.M. but didn't show up until 11:20 P.M. Once she started her set, fans were left disappointed by her "terrible" performance. One male fan got pissed and flipped her off.
The former member of The Fugees then berated the fan in front of other people who packed the venue. "When I get up on this stage, don't be disrespectful," she said. "If a little patience is too much, it's alright. You can go. I would prefer that. You can get up, you can get your money refunded and you can go. I'm alright with that. I'm okay with that."
She called security guards and asked them to escort the fan out of the place and return his money. "I don't play that. I don't need to win you over and you don't need to win me over," she continued. "I do this because I love it - not because I owe you anything. You can get on your blogs and you can tweet and say whatever you want to. I don't give a rat's a**," she continued.
TMZ reported that overall reception of the show was negative. A concertgoer, who provided the site with the video below, called Hill's performance "rushed and sloppy" and said there were a number of fans asking for refunds.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly