Idris Elba in Talks for 'Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur'
Idris Elba is in negotiations to join "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur" from director Guy Ritchie. According to The Wrap, he is expected to play a right-hand man to Arthur's father who takes it upon himself to train the young warrior for battle as he learns his true destiny.
Joby Harold ("Awake") writes the script and will produce it with Akiva Goldsman, Lionel Wigram, and Tory Tunnell. The upcoming Arthurian feature film will be a reunion between Elba and Ritchie since their collaboration in 2008's "RocknRolla".
When the project was first reported, Richie was rumored planning to make a six-movie take on the classic story. However, there is no mention of it in the Elba casting report.
Richie is currently working on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", due January 16, 2015 with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill on the lead roles. Elba, meanwhile, will next star in "No Good Deed" and is attached to voice man-eating tiger, Shere Khan, in Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book".
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!