Idris Elba in Talks for 'Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur'
Idris Elba is in negotiations to join "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur" from director Guy Ritchie. According to The Wrap, he is expected to play a right-hand man to Arthur's father who takes it upon himself to train the young warrior for battle as he learns his true destiny.
Joby Harold ("Awake") writes the script and will produce it with Akiva Goldsman, Lionel Wigram, and Tory Tunnell. The upcoming Arthurian feature film will be a reunion between Elba and Ritchie since their collaboration in 2008's "RocknRolla".
When the project was first reported, Richie was rumored planning to make a six-movie take on the classic story. However, there is no mention of it in the Elba casting report.
Richie is currently working on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", due January 16, 2015 with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill on the lead roles. Elba, meanwhile, will next star in "No Good Deed" and is attached to voice man-eating tiger, Shere Khan, in Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart