Idris Elba in Talks for 'Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur'
Idris Elba is in negotiations to join "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur" from director Guy Ritchie. According to The Wrap, he is expected to play a right-hand man to Arthur's father who takes it upon himself to train the young warrior for battle as he learns his true destiny.
Joby Harold ("Awake") writes the script and will produce it with Akiva Goldsman, Lionel Wigram, and Tory Tunnell. The upcoming Arthurian feature film will be a reunion between Elba and Ritchie since their collaboration in 2008's "RocknRolla".
When the project was first reported, Richie was rumored planning to make a six-movie take on the classic story. However, there is no mention of it in the Elba casting report.
Richie is currently working on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", due January 16, 2015 with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill on the lead roles. Elba, meanwhile, will next star in "No Good Deed" and is attached to voice man-eating tiger, Shere Khan, in Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book".
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC