Idris Elba in Talks for 'Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur'
Idris Elba is in negotiations to join "Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur" from director Guy Ritchie. According to The Wrap, he is expected to play a right-hand man to Arthur's father who takes it upon himself to train the young warrior for battle as he learns his true destiny.
Joby Harold ("Awake") writes the script and will produce it with Akiva Goldsman, Lionel Wigram, and Tory Tunnell. The upcoming Arthurian feature film will be a reunion between Elba and Ritchie since their collaboration in 2008's "RocknRolla".
When the project was first reported, Richie was rumored planning to make a six-movie take on the classic story. However, there is no mention of it in the Elba casting report.
Richie is currently working on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.", due January 16, 2015 with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill on the lead roles. Elba, meanwhile, will next star in "No Good Deed" and is attached to voice man-eating tiger, Shere Khan, in Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book".
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'