Nina Dobrev Says Acting in Comedy Is 'Terrifying'
Nina Dobrev opened up about her experience of acting in comedy in an interview with Nylon magazine for its August issue. In the cover of the magazine's annual denim issue, Nina looks sporty as she wears a white tee and a pair of oversized jeans.
The 25-year-old actress who usually starred in melodramas said that acting in comedy was "terrifying". She added, "I can get to an emotional place and start crying, but there's pressure when you think you have to be funny... You really have to be uninhibited and fearless."
Talking about fame, the star of "The Vampire Diaries" thought that it was strange for strangers to act like they knew about her life. She said, "People feel like they know you when you're in their living room, weekly, for five years. But I always get uncomfortable when people know more about me than I know about them."
Nina revealed that until now she still thought that she was only a fan if she went to a red carpet event. She claimed, "It doesn't feel real because I don't live in that world. When I go to those events, I'm in town specifically for that, and then I leave later that night. I've maybe stayed for the after-party once, ever. It still feels like I'm a fan, in a way. A lot of people are very cynical and very jaded, but I'm not there yet."
Nina can be seen in her upcoming comedy "Let's Be Cops". She stars along with Damon Wayans Jr., Jake Johnson, and Andy Garcia. The movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 13.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting