Nina Dobrev Says Acting in Comedy Is 'Terrifying'
Nina Dobrev opened up about her experience of acting in comedy in an interview with Nylon magazine for its August issue. In the cover of the magazine's annual denim issue, Nina looks sporty as she wears a white tee and a pair of oversized jeans.
The 25-year-old actress who usually starred in melodramas said that acting in comedy was "terrifying". She added, "I can get to an emotional place and start crying, but there's pressure when you think you have to be funny... You really have to be uninhibited and fearless."
Talking about fame, the star of "The Vampire Diaries" thought that it was strange for strangers to act like they knew about her life. She said, "People feel like they know you when you're in their living room, weekly, for five years. But I always get uncomfortable when people know more about me than I know about them."
Nina revealed that until now she still thought that she was only a fan if she went to a red carpet event. She claimed, "It doesn't feel real because I don't live in that world. When I go to those events, I'm in town specifically for that, and then I leave later that night. I've maybe stayed for the after-party once, ever. It still feels like I'm a fan, in a way. A lot of people are very cynical and very jaded, but I'm not there yet."
Nina can be seen in her upcoming comedy "Let's Be Cops". She stars along with Damon Wayans Jr., Jake Johnson, and Andy Garcia. The movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 13.
More Nina Dobrev News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'