Nina Dobrev Says Acting in Comedy Is 'Terrifying'
Nina Dobrev opened up about her experience of acting in comedy in an interview with Nylon magazine for its August issue. In the cover of the magazine's annual denim issue, Nina looks sporty as she wears a white tee and a pair of oversized jeans.
The 25-year-old actress who usually starred in melodramas said that acting in comedy was "terrifying". She added, "I can get to an emotional place and start crying, but there's pressure when you think you have to be funny... You really have to be uninhibited and fearless."
Talking about fame, the star of "The Vampire Diaries" thought that it was strange for strangers to act like they knew about her life. She said, "People feel like they know you when you're in their living room, weekly, for five years. But I always get uncomfortable when people know more about me than I know about them."
Nina revealed that until now she still thought that she was only a fan if she went to a red carpet event. She claimed, "It doesn't feel real because I don't live in that world. When I go to those events, I'm in town specifically for that, and then I leave later that night. I've maybe stayed for the after-party once, ever. It still feels like I'm a fan, in a way. A lot of people are very cynical and very jaded, but I'm not there yet."
Nina can be seen in her upcoming comedy "Let's Be Cops". She stars along with Damon Wayans Jr., Jake Johnson, and Andy Garcia. The movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 13.
More Nina Dobrev News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince