Nina Dobrev Says Acting in Comedy Is 'Terrifying'
Nina Dobrev opened up about her experience of acting in comedy in an interview with Nylon magazine for its August issue. In the cover of the magazine's annual denim issue, Nina looks sporty as she wears a white tee and a pair of oversized jeans.
The 25-year-old actress who usually starred in melodramas said that acting in comedy was "terrifying". She added, "I can get to an emotional place and start crying, but there's pressure when you think you have to be funny... You really have to be uninhibited and fearless."
Talking about fame, the star of "The Vampire Diaries" thought that it was strange for strangers to act like they knew about her life. She said, "People feel like they know you when you're in their living room, weekly, for five years. But I always get uncomfortable when people know more about me than I know about them."
Nina revealed that until now she still thought that she was only a fan if she went to a red carpet event. She claimed, "It doesn't feel real because I don't live in that world. When I go to those events, I'm in town specifically for that, and then I leave later that night. I've maybe stayed for the after-party once, ever. It still feels like I'm a fan, in a way. A lot of people are very cynical and very jaded, but I'm not there yet."
Nina can be seen in her upcoming comedy "Let's Be Cops". She stars along with Damon Wayans Jr., Jake Johnson, and Andy Garcia. The movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 13.
More Nina Dobrev News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media