Gary Goddard Files Objection to John Doe Lawyer
Garry Goddard, a Broadway producer who is sued by a British citizen referred to as "John Doe No. 117" for an alleged sexual assault, has filed an objection to the plaintiff's lawyer Jeff Herman, The Wrap reports. According to the filing submitted on Thursday, July 17, Goddard cited "bad moral character" as his reason of objection.
"Defendant Gary Goddard objects to the application for admission pro hac vice of the Herman Law firm and its attorneys Jeff Herman and Lee G. Cohen, based on the evidence of the bad moral character and prior sanctioned misconduct of Herman and Herman Law attorney Stuart S. Mermelstein, as well as the Herman firm's history of abuse of the pro hac vice mechanism, and files this memorandum in opposition," read the document obtained by the site.
The filing went on mentioning Herman's permanent banishment from an Oregon District Court and suspension from the Florida Bar among others. It also claimed that "Herman Law has widely publicized the Egan case in hopes of attracting additional plaintiffs to file yet more cases in California."
Herman filed a lawsuit on the behalf of the unnamed man filed in May. In the suit, the British citizen alleged that he was sexually abused by Goddard and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer at the age of 15 or 16 in a hotel suit following a party for "Superman" movie in London. Goddard filed a motion to dismiss the suit in mid-June. Singer also asked the suit to be dismissed earlier this month.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce