Gary Goddard Files Objection to John Doe Lawyer
Garry Goddard, a Broadway producer who is sued by a British citizen referred to as "John Doe No. 117" for an alleged sexual assault, has filed an objection to the plaintiff's lawyer Jeff Herman, The Wrap reports. According to the filing submitted on Thursday, July 17, Goddard cited "bad moral character" as his reason of objection.
"Defendant Gary Goddard objects to the application for admission pro hac vice of the Herman Law firm and its attorneys Jeff Herman and Lee G. Cohen, based on the evidence of the bad moral character and prior sanctioned misconduct of Herman and Herman Law attorney Stuart S. Mermelstein, as well as the Herman firm's history of abuse of the pro hac vice mechanism, and files this memorandum in opposition," read the document obtained by the site.
The filing went on mentioning Herman's permanent banishment from an Oregon District Court and suspension from the Florida Bar among others. It also claimed that "Herman Law has widely publicized the Egan case in hopes of attracting additional plaintiffs to file yet more cases in California."
Herman filed a lawsuit on the behalf of the unnamed man filed in May. In the suit, the British citizen alleged that he was sexually abused by Goddard and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer at the age of 15 or 16 in a hotel suit following a party for "Superman" movie in London. Goddard filed a motion to dismiss the suit in mid-June. Singer also asked the suit to be dismissed earlier this month.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes