Gary Goddard Files Objection to John Doe Lawyer
Garry Goddard, a Broadway producer who is sued by a British citizen referred to as "John Doe No. 117" for an alleged sexual assault, has filed an objection to the plaintiff's lawyer Jeff Herman, The Wrap reports. According to the filing submitted on Thursday, July 17, Goddard cited "bad moral character" as his reason of objection.
"Defendant Gary Goddard objects to the application for admission pro hac vice of the Herman Law firm and its attorneys Jeff Herman and Lee G. Cohen, based on the evidence of the bad moral character and prior sanctioned misconduct of Herman and Herman Law attorney Stuart S. Mermelstein, as well as the Herman firm's history of abuse of the pro hac vice mechanism, and files this memorandum in opposition," read the document obtained by the site.
The filing went on mentioning Herman's permanent banishment from an Oregon District Court and suspension from the Florida Bar among others. It also claimed that "Herman Law has widely publicized the Egan case in hopes of attracting additional plaintiffs to file yet more cases in California."
Herman filed a lawsuit on the behalf of the unnamed man filed in May. In the suit, the British citizen alleged that he was sexually abused by Goddard and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer at the age of 15 or 16 in a hotel suit following a party for "Superman" movie in London. Goddard filed a motion to dismiss the suit in mid-June. Singer also asked the suit to be dismissed earlier this month.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates