'Cloud Atlas' Star Zhou Xun and Archie Kao of 'CSI' Marry Onstage
Zhou Xun's "One Night" benefit concert on Wednesday, June 16, turned into a wedding. The surprise appeared at the end of the concert when she and boyfriend Archie Kao said their "I do"s onstage.
The concert, which took place in the capital of China's eastern province of Zhejiang, was a charity event held for children with special needs. The audience were expecting Zhou to announce her engagement to the 44-year-old actor. Instead, she surprised her fans with the marriage ceremony.
After singing, Zhou went backstage to change her outfit. She reappeared onstage via an elevated platform in an ivory Chanel wedding gown which reportedly cost US$100,000 and was holding a bouquet. As the audience broke into a loud cheer, she was joined by Archie who walked towards her from the side in a black tuxedo.
After reciting their marriage vows in English and Mandarin, the couple exchanged wedding rings and shared a loving kiss before everyone. "It's love that brought us all here tonight, and it's also love that brought me and my wife together," Archie said in his less-than-perfect Mandarin.
"In this space filled with love, I and my husband are really honored to add our love to it, and share it with everyone," Zhou said. "I've worked on a few shows, have gotten married in a few of them, and have said a few vows. Today, I can finally say them once as Zhou Xun!" the 39-year-old actress continued while beaming.
Celebrities who were present at the event, such as Chen Kun, Li Yuchun and Han Geng, also went on the stage to congratulate the newlyweds.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest