'Cloud Atlas' Star Zhou Xun and Archie Kao of 'CSI' Marry Onstage
Zhou Xun's "One Night" benefit concert on Wednesday, June 16, turned into a wedding. The surprise appeared at the end of the concert when she and boyfriend Archie Kao said their "I do"s onstage.
The concert, which took place in the capital of China's eastern province of Zhejiang, was a charity event held for children with special needs. The audience were expecting Zhou to announce her engagement to the 44-year-old actor. Instead, she surprised her fans with the marriage ceremony.
After singing, Zhou went backstage to change her outfit. She reappeared onstage via an elevated platform in an ivory Chanel wedding gown which reportedly cost US$100,000 and was holding a bouquet. As the audience broke into a loud cheer, she was joined by Archie who walked towards her from the side in a black tuxedo.
After reciting their marriage vows in English and Mandarin, the couple exchanged wedding rings and shared a loving kiss before everyone. "It's love that brought us all here tonight, and it's also love that brought me and my wife together," Archie said in his less-than-perfect Mandarin.
"In this space filled with love, I and my husband are really honored to add our love to it, and share it with everyone," Zhou said. "I've worked on a few shows, have gotten married in a few of them, and have said a few vows. Today, I can finally say them once as Zhou Xun!" the 39-year-old actress continued while beaming.
Celebrities who were present at the event, such as Chen Kun, Li Yuchun and Han Geng, also went on the stage to congratulate the newlyweds.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign