Teen Choice Awards 2014: Tim Howard, Serena Williams Included in Second Wave of Sports Nominations
More names were revealed in the second wave of the 2014 Teen Choice Awards nominees on Thursday, July 17. Nominees in Sports and Style Icon category were also announced, with bold names such as Tim Howard and Serena Williams competing with others for Best Athlete trophies.
Howard, the goalkeeper for U.S. national team who recently made headlines for his brilliant performance at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has to beat other athletes for Choice Male Athlete prize. Other stars who are vying for the trophy include Kevin Durant, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., LeBron James, Johnny Manziel and Russell Wilson.
The Choice Female Athlete also has strong contenders. In addition to Williams, other stars in sports such as Meryl Davis, Lucy Li, Candace Parker, Danica Patrick and Amy Purdy are up for the trophy.
Besides the two categories, fans may also give their vote to stylish young celebrities in Candie's Choice Style Icon. Iggy Azalea, Ashley Benson, Kendall Jenner, Emma Roberts and Zendaya Coleman are competing against each other for the trophy.
Fans can vote for their favorites on the official site until August 9 at 11:59 P.M. PT. The winners will be revealed in a ceremony which will air on Sunday, August 10, on FOX.
Choice Male Athlete
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo