Linda Perry Questions Beyonce's Songwriting Skill
Linda Perry is clearly not a fan of Beyonce Knowles' "songwriting." During a July 17 Reddit AMA to promote her new VH1 talent show "Make or Break", the songwriter was asked whether it bothered her that Bey got writing credit just by changing "one word on a song."
"Well hahaha um that's not songwriting," she answered before explaining that sometimes Beyonce and other artists like her would take the songwriting credits because they thought it's their fame that made the song popular.
"But some of these artists believe if it wasn't for them, your song would never get out there. So they take a cut just because they are who they are," she continued. "But everyone knows the real truth even Beyonce. She is talented but in a completely different way."
Perry is not the first person to have doubted Beyonce's "songwriting" skill. However, those who have collaborated with Jay-Z's wife are defending her, saying that she deserves the credit.
Take Ne-Yo for example. The singer, who co-wrote Beyonce's hit "Irreplaceable", revealed in a 2012 interview that the former Destiny's Child member got the songwriting credit for only writing the background harmonies for the song. "So yeah, I gave her writer's credit, because that counts. That's writing," he said.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences