Linda Perry Questions Beyonce's Songwriting Skill
Linda Perry is clearly not a fan of Beyonce Knowles' "songwriting." During a July 17 Reddit AMA to promote her new VH1 talent show "Make or Break", the songwriter was asked whether it bothered her that Bey got writing credit just by changing "one word on a song."
"Well hahaha um that's not songwriting," she answered before explaining that sometimes Beyonce and other artists like her would take the songwriting credits because they thought it's their fame that made the song popular.
"But some of these artists believe if it wasn't for them, your song would never get out there. So they take a cut just because they are who they are," she continued. "But everyone knows the real truth even Beyonce. She is talented but in a completely different way."
Perry is not the first person to have doubted Beyonce's "songwriting" skill. However, those who have collaborated with Jay-Z's wife are defending her, saying that she deserves the credit.
Take Ne-Yo for example. The singer, who co-wrote Beyonce's hit "Irreplaceable", revealed in a 2012 interview that the former Destiny's Child member got the songwriting credit for only writing the background harmonies for the song. "So yeah, I gave her writer's credit, because that counts. That's writing," he said.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign