Linda Perry Questions Beyonce's Songwriting Skill
Linda Perry is clearly not a fan of Beyonce Knowles' "songwriting." During a July 17 Reddit AMA to promote her new VH1 talent show "Make or Break", the songwriter was asked whether it bothered her that Bey got writing credit just by changing "one word on a song."
"Well hahaha um that's not songwriting," she answered before explaining that sometimes Beyonce and other artists like her would take the songwriting credits because they thought it's their fame that made the song popular.
"But some of these artists believe if it wasn't for them, your song would never get out there. So they take a cut just because they are who they are," she continued. "But everyone knows the real truth even Beyonce. She is talented but in a completely different way."
Perry is not the first person to have doubted Beyonce's "songwriting" skill. However, those who have collaborated with Jay-Z's wife are defending her, saying that she deserves the credit.
Take Ne-Yo for example. The singer, who co-wrote Beyonce's hit "Irreplaceable", revealed in a 2012 interview that the former Destiny's Child member got the songwriting credit for only writing the background harmonies for the song. "So yeah, I gave her writer's credit, because that counts. That's writing," he said.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding