Justin Bieber's Florida DUI Case Is Delayed for Another Three Weeks
Charges of driving under the influence and resisting arrest in Justin Bieber's Florida case have been postponed again. Justin's lawyers and Florida prosecutors said that they needed more time to determine how the case would be resolved.
David Gilbert, Assistant of State Attorney, and Justin's attorney, Mark Shapiro, asked for an additional three weeks and then William Altfield, Judge of Miami-Dade County, reset the matter for August 5.
At a brief hearing, David said that the two sides would inform the judge about the progress of the plea negotiations and "and set a trial date, if necessary" at the decided date. Justin did not attend the hearing at that time. There is no further explanation from David and Mark. Mark only said, "It's pretty much status quo."
Justin was arrested on January 23 with her friend Khalil Amir Sharieff after what police described as an illegal street race between two of them. Both of them were not charged with drag racing.
Justin was charged with DUI after his urine tests showed there were marijuana and Xanax in his system. The "Never Say Never" singer was also charged with driving on an expired license.
More Justin Bieber News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'