Justin Bieber's Florida DUI Case Is Delayed for Another Three Weeks
Charges of driving under the influence and resisting arrest in Justin Bieber's Florida case have been postponed again. Justin's lawyers and Florida prosecutors said that they needed more time to determine how the case would be resolved.
David Gilbert, Assistant of State Attorney, and Justin's attorney, Mark Shapiro, asked for an additional three weeks and then William Altfield, Judge of Miami-Dade County, reset the matter for August 5.
At a brief hearing, David said that the two sides would inform the judge about the progress of the plea negotiations and "and set a trial date, if necessary" at the decided date. Justin did not attend the hearing at that time. There is no further explanation from David and Mark. Mark only said, "It's pretty much status quo."
Justin was arrested on January 23 with her friend Khalil Amir Sharieff after what police described as an illegal street race between two of them. Both of them were not charged with drag racing.
Justin was charged with DUI after his urine tests showed there were marijuana and Xanax in his system. The "Never Say Never" singer was also charged with driving on an expired license.
More Justin Bieber News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'