Justin Bieber's Florida DUI Case Is Delayed for Another Three Weeks
Charges of driving under the influence and resisting arrest in Justin Bieber's Florida case have been postponed again. Justin's lawyers and Florida prosecutors said that they needed more time to determine how the case would be resolved.
David Gilbert, Assistant of State Attorney, and Justin's attorney, Mark Shapiro, asked for an additional three weeks and then William Altfield, Judge of Miami-Dade County, reset the matter for August 5.
At a brief hearing, David said that the two sides would inform the judge about the progress of the plea negotiations and "and set a trial date, if necessary" at the decided date. Justin did not attend the hearing at that time. There is no further explanation from David and Mark. Mark only said, "It's pretty much status quo."
Justin was arrested on January 23 with her friend Khalil Amir Sharieff after what police described as an illegal street race between two of them. Both of them were not charged with drag racing.
Justin was charged with DUI after his urine tests showed there were marijuana and Xanax in his system. The "Never Say Never" singer was also charged with driving on an expired license.
More Justin Bieber News
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?