Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Ordered to Pay Nearly $2 Million in Fraud Case
Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida has to pay a large sum of restitution following his sentencing in a fraud case. According to court documents obtained by The Wrap, Nida who also appeared on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" is ordered to pay $1.95 million in restitution.
According to the document, the amount will go to various parties such as JP Morgan Chase, the IRS, Delta Airlines, and the states of California, Connecticut and Texas who fell victim to the fraud case. The restitution is "due and payable immediately."
On July 8, Nida was sentenced to 96 months in jail after pleading guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges in May. "I want to apologize to the victims. I want to apologize to my family for letting them down," he said during the court appearance.
Parks did not attend the sentencing. According to her co-star Kandi Burruss, Parks was trying to deal with the legal drama by focusing herself on work. "Phaedra's doing great," she told Hollywood Life. "She's basically working. That's how I deal with things too; when I have a lot going on, I just put more into work. I know that she's promoting her book and doing the book tour and stuff like that and she's not really trying to focus as much on what's happening."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce