Man 'Looking for Katy Perry' Breaks Into Kennedy Compound
A man identified as James Lacroix was arrested after breaking into the Kennedy Compound in Barnstable, Massachusetts on Tuesday, July 15. When questioned by the police about what he was doing at the family mansion, the man, who wore a Captain America T-shirt and camouflage shorts, replied that he had been there for three hours and was "looking for Katy Perry."
Edward Kennedy Jr., a nephew of John. F. Kennedy, made a call around 9:30 P.M. to the Barnstable police from Connecticut after he phoned home to check on his 16-year-old son but was met by a stranger's voice. The police rushed to the house in the village of Hyannis Port.
Police discovered a black car parked outside the home. Inside, they found James in the kitchen sitting on a couch and reading a book. James told the police that he had a gift for the "Fireworks" singer and was also there to see John F. Kennedy. The cops said that after talking to LaCroix for a few minutes, they realized he "was detached from reality" and might have been suffering from "longstanding psychological issues."
"There was no sign of forced entry. At around 6:30 Tuesday night...53-year-old James LaCroix just walked inside and started cooking dinner," Barnstable Police told TMZ.
Edward's teenage son, who was unharmed, was not present at the house when the police arrived but returned a few moments later. He told police that he encountered James upon arriving at the home and simply assumed he was a friend of the family. He also said that they had an "extensive and interesting" conversation before he left for a friend's house.
James, who also claimed he was a veteran, was charged with breaking and entering. He was booked and held at the Barnstable Police Department and will be arraigned in Barnstable District Court on Wednesday morning.
Katy, who was performing in Montreal at the time of the arrest, has not commented on the incident. She is currently in Canada performing as part of her "Prismatic World Tour".
More Katy Perry News
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting