'The Wonder Years' Star Danica McKellar Engaged
Danica McKellar took to her Twitter account on Wednesday, July 16, to post a link to an Instagram image accompanied with a message, "So...can you guess what my big news is??" The photo captured herself dressed in a pink collared shirt with a black tank underneath smiling and pointing to a large diamond ring on her left ring finger.
Only two minutes later, the actress, who appeared in the latest season of "Dancing with the Stars", tweeted another message, "Yep, my amazing boyfriend Scott & I are engaged!! (He's the one @iamvalc did a shout out to on #DWTS) :) Hugs to you all!"
McKellar also posted the same image on her Facebook account, writing a similar message, "So... can you guess what my big announcement is? Yes, my amazing boyfriend Scott and I are engaged! (This is the guy that Valentin Chmerkovskiy did a shout-out to on Dancing with the Stars!) I'm wishing all of you the happiness and joy that I feel right now!"
Scott Sveslosky's identity was revealed this spring in an episode of "Dancing with the Stars" when her dance partner Chmerkovskiy said his thanks to a mysterious "amazing Scott" for allowing them to get close on the floor.
The 39-year-old actress confirmed to PEOPLE in a statement that they planned to tie the knot later this year. "Scott and I are thrilled," she said.
This will be the second marriage for both McKellar and Sveslosky. The actress, who studied maths in UCLA and wrote several books on the subject, divorced his former husband Mike Verta in 2013. Last year, she told ABC News that she was taking it slow when it came to dating again. She said, "I'm really focused on being a good mom and if the dating thing happens, then alright."
McKellar is a mother to son Draco, 3.5, from her first marriage. Sveslosky, who is a partner at the international law firm Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP, also has a son from a previous marriage, 10-year-old Hunter. "We are looking forward to merging our families," the actress said.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story