Sheryl Crow: 'It's Better to Have Three Broken Engagements Than Three Divorces'
Sheryl Crow opened up about her wish to get married in an interview with Good Housekeeping magazine for its August issue. The 52-year-old singer also talked about her past relationships and her decision to adopt children.
She told the magazine, "Hey, I would love to get married - I'm still old-fashioned. But I don't think marriage is the be-all and end-all." Sheryl laughed and joked, "It's better to have three broken engagements than three divorces."
The "Easy" singer, who previously had romantic relationships with Owen Wilson, Eric Clapton and Lance Armstrong, opened up about her previous relationships, "I had always gone out with guys who were highly successful, which would seem like it would put me at an equal level. But what ends up happening is that one of you becomes smaller - and it was always me. It's always the woman."
She continued, "I mean, I don't know if it's always the woman, but I do think that sometimes in order for one person's light to shine, everyone else has to dim theirs."
Sheryl said that her previous relationship with Lance had made her feel "really small" and turned her into "self-appointed caretaker" who always tried to make sure that "everyone else was OK, everyone else was happy."
Sheryl, who was diagnosed with breast cancer after splitting from Lance in 2006, decided to adopt two sons, Wyatt and Levi, after successfully beating the disease. The "Shotgun" singer said about her sons, "They understand that they came out of different tummies. But they also believe, as do I, that God put us together. They know how blessed I am to get to be their mommy. So when they're mad that I won't let them play video games, I say, 'God put me in charge. I'm raising you-all the best that I can, and some decisions are not fun.' "
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal