Sheryl Crow: 'It's Better to Have Three Broken Engagements Than Three Divorces'
Sheryl Crow opened up about her wish to get married in an interview with Good Housekeeping magazine for its August issue. The 52-year-old singer also talked about her past relationships and her decision to adopt children.
She told the magazine, "Hey, I would love to get married - I'm still old-fashioned. But I don't think marriage is the be-all and end-all." Sheryl laughed and joked, "It's better to have three broken engagements than three divorces."
The "Easy" singer, who previously had romantic relationships with Owen Wilson, Eric Clapton and Lance Armstrong, opened up about her previous relationships, "I had always gone out with guys who were highly successful, which would seem like it would put me at an equal level. But what ends up happening is that one of you becomes smaller - and it was always me. It's always the woman."
She continued, "I mean, I don't know if it's always the woman, but I do think that sometimes in order for one person's light to shine, everyone else has to dim theirs."
Sheryl said that her previous relationship with Lance had made her feel "really small" and turned her into "self-appointed caretaker" who always tried to make sure that "everyone else was OK, everyone else was happy."
Sheryl, who was diagnosed with breast cancer after splitting from Lance in 2006, decided to adopt two sons, Wyatt and Levi, after successfully beating the disease. The "Shotgun" singer said about her sons, "They understand that they came out of different tummies. But they also believe, as do I, that God put us together. They know how blessed I am to get to be their mommy. So when they're mad that I won't let them play video games, I say, 'God put me in charge. I'm raising you-all the best that I can, and some decisions are not fun.' "
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory