John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neal's Son Arrested for Drug Possession
Kevin McEnroe, the eldest son of former tennis star John McEnroe and actress Tatum O'Neal, was arrested on drug charges on Tuesday, July 15 in New York City. A spokesperson for the law enforcement office has confirmed the news to Us Weekly, saying, "Kevin McEnroe was caught buying drugs on July 15 at 11:15 P.M. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance."
According to a separate report by NY Daily News, Kevin was busted after he allegedly had a drug deal with a man named Niro Meneses on the corner of E. Fourth St. and Avenue A. Six glassine envelopes of cocaine, 20 painkillers, 10 morphine pills and one anxiety pill reportedly were found with him. He was released without bail after his arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday.
Meneses, meanwhile, was caught carrying 13 glassine envelopes of cocaine and three vials of the drug. The 22-year-old man who lives at the Upper West Side was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
Kevin's mother has been battling substance abuse since she was a teenager. In 2008, she was arrested after trying to buy crack cocaine in New York City.
The Oscar-winning actress and the former tennis star got divorced in 1994. In addition to Kevin, the couple has a son Sean and a daughter Emily. McEnroe also has two other children from his second marriage to singer Patty Smyth.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'