John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neal's Son Arrested for Drug Possession
Kevin McEnroe, the eldest son of former tennis star John McEnroe and actress Tatum O'Neal, was arrested on drug charges on Tuesday, July 15 in New York City. A spokesperson for the law enforcement office has confirmed the news to Us Weekly, saying, "Kevin McEnroe was caught buying drugs on July 15 at 11:15 P.M. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance."
According to a separate report by NY Daily News, Kevin was busted after he allegedly had a drug deal with a man named Niro Meneses on the corner of E. Fourth St. and Avenue A. Six glassine envelopes of cocaine, 20 painkillers, 10 morphine pills and one anxiety pill reportedly were found with him. He was released without bail after his arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday.
Meneses, meanwhile, was caught carrying 13 glassine envelopes of cocaine and three vials of the drug. The 22-year-old man who lives at the Upper West Side was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
Kevin's mother has been battling substance abuse since she was a teenager. In 2008, she was arrested after trying to buy crack cocaine in New York City.
The Oscar-winning actress and the former tennis star got divorced in 1994. In addition to Kevin, the couple has a son Sean and a daughter Emily. McEnroe also has two other children from his second marriage to singer Patty Smyth.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival