John McEnroe and Tatum O'Neal's Son Arrested for Drug Possession
Kevin McEnroe, the eldest son of former tennis star John McEnroe and actress Tatum O'Neal, was arrested on drug charges on Tuesday, July 15 in New York City. A spokesperson for the law enforcement office has confirmed the news to Us Weekly, saying, "Kevin McEnroe was caught buying drugs on July 15 at 11:15 P.M. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance."
According to a separate report by NY Daily News, Kevin was busted after he allegedly had a drug deal with a man named Niro Meneses on the corner of E. Fourth St. and Avenue A. Six glassine envelopes of cocaine, 20 painkillers, 10 morphine pills and one anxiety pill reportedly were found with him. He was released without bail after his arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court on Wednesday.
Meneses, meanwhile, was caught carrying 13 glassine envelopes of cocaine and three vials of the drug. The 22-year-old man who lives at the Upper West Side was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell.
Kevin's mother has been battling substance abuse since she was a teenager. In 2008, she was arrested after trying to buy crack cocaine in New York City.
The Oscar-winning actress and the former tennis star got divorced in 1994. In addition to Kevin, the couple has a son Sean and a daughter Emily. McEnroe also has two other children from his second marriage to singer Patty Smyth.
More John McEnroe News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell