Selena Gomez Gets 'Love Yourself' Tattoo in Arabic
Selena Gomez has got herself a new tattoo. Celebrity tattoo artist Bang Bang McCurdy posted an Instagram photo of the new piece he inked on the singer's skin on Wednesday, July 16. The new tattoo is located on the upper right side of her back and is an Arabic phrase which translates into "Love Yourself." The tattoo artist captioned the photo with, "Little gift for my friend @selenagomez."
Bang Bang revealed that he created Selena's latest piece of art "about a month ago" although the singer "had been wanting this one for a while." "Its meaning translates into 'Love Yourself,' " Bang Bang told E! News about the script's significance. It appeared to be an Arabic translation for the phrase "Love Yourself First."
Bang Bang added that the "Spring Breakers" star knew exactly what she wanted, "Selena already had it written out how she wanted. The tattoo is about 4 inches, and didn't take too long, probably about 30-45 minutes. The longest part is laying it out. We played with it a bit laying it out, until we found the perfect spot."
Bang Bang also revealed that the singer was very happy about the art. "She loved it, she flipped out!" he said, adding, "When we did that one, she was talking about another one. But we haven't talked plans just yet. There are always plans to do another one."
According to Bang Bang, the 21-year-old celebrity "has 5-6 tattoos now," noting that he has tattooed her "about three times."
Selena later posted the same image on Instagram and captioned it with, "Art by @bangbangnyc --from my first to my last. It's always this fool."
Bang Bang has tattooed many celebrities including Rita Ora, Rihanna and Justin Bieber. Justin was introduced to the tattoo artist by Selena.
More Selena Gomez News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones