Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Jennifer Lopez Dating Report: 'We're Friends'
Maksim Chmerkovskiy has denied that he is dating Jennifer Lopez. The "Dancing With the Stars" pro talked about reports of their romance for the first time, saying that they were just friends. "With the Jennifer thing, look, we're friends and ... we're friends. This is it. This is where it ends, pretty much," he told Confidenti@l.
The pro-dancer additionally called his days after his private life became public's scrutiny "unbearable." However, his friends apparently did not see it as a problem. "When we get together, all my friends are like, 'Dude, I envy you - if this is biggest problem you have in life, good for you,' " Chmerkovskiy shared.
"I now understand why Hollywood is such a difficult place to have a good relationship in: because there's all these interferences. Two people have to be so strong - and notice I didn't say 'in love.' They have to be in love, but trust me, there've been situations when two people have been really in love, and all of this gets in the way and it completely ruins it," he said of dating in front of public's eyes, adding that he envied couples like Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling who can keep their relationship for themselves and be professional at work.
Reports of him dating Lopez emerged shortly after the "On the Floor" hitmaker broke up with her boyfriend Casper Smart. Lopez then denied that she and Chmerkovskiy were in a relationship. In response to a radio's tweet, Lopez clarified in mid-June, "No I'm not (dating anyone new already)."
More Maksim Chmerkovskiy News
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour