Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Jennifer Lopez Dating Report: 'We're Friends'
Maksim Chmerkovskiy has denied that he is dating Jennifer Lopez. The "Dancing With the Stars" pro talked about reports of their romance for the first time, saying that they were just friends. "With the Jennifer thing, look, we're friends and ... we're friends. This is it. This is where it ends, pretty much," he told Confidenti@l.
The pro-dancer additionally called his days after his private life became public's scrutiny "unbearable." However, his friends apparently did not see it as a problem. "When we get together, all my friends are like, 'Dude, I envy you - if this is biggest problem you have in life, good for you,' " Chmerkovskiy shared.
"I now understand why Hollywood is such a difficult place to have a good relationship in: because there's all these interferences. Two people have to be so strong - and notice I didn't say 'in love.' They have to be in love, but trust me, there've been situations when two people have been really in love, and all of this gets in the way and it completely ruins it," he said of dating in front of public's eyes, adding that he envied couples like Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling who can keep their relationship for themselves and be professional at work.
Reports of him dating Lopez emerged shortly after the "On the Floor" hitmaker broke up with her boyfriend Casper Smart. Lopez then denied that she and Chmerkovskiy were in a relationship. In response to a radio's tweet, Lopez clarified in mid-June, "No I'm not (dating anyone new already)."
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video