Fabolous Unharmed During Shooting Incident in New York Club
Fabolous managed to escape from danger as he was in the same place where a bouncer, Andrew Tolbert, was shot in the neck on July 13. The rapper was reported enjoying a night out at La Marina in Inwood, New York when the eerie incident happened.
According to police, Andrew was trying to break up a fight between two groups inside the restaurant before he was shot on the outdoor patio. The 27-year-old bouncer was then sent to St. Luke's Hospital. His condition is now stable. A source said about Andrew, "He was doing what he was supposed to do, and he got shot."
A spokeswoman for La Marina said in a statement, "Our thoughts are with the victim and his family, and we wish him a speedy recovery. La Marina is cooperating with the NYPD and New York City Parks Department. La Marina cannot comment at this time as this is an active investigation."
The police claimed that there was no other victim except Andrew. They still have no suspects or motives in the shooting.
Donna Gray, a resident who lives near La Marina, commented on the incident, "It makes you not want to come down here anymore. It used to be so quiet down here, now it's not. It's been nothing but trouble since it opened. I'm sorry they ever opened up."
La Marina, which is located at Dyckman St. and the Hudson River, has opened since 2012. The popular restaurant was reported being visited by celebrities including Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Kevin Hart and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!