Fabolous Unharmed During Shooting Incident in New York Club
Fabolous managed to escape from danger as he was in the same place where a bouncer, Andrew Tolbert, was shot in the neck on July 13. The rapper was reported enjoying a night out at La Marina in Inwood, New York when the eerie incident happened.
According to police, Andrew was trying to break up a fight between two groups inside the restaurant before he was shot on the outdoor patio. The 27-year-old bouncer was then sent to St. Luke's Hospital. His condition is now stable. A source said about Andrew, "He was doing what he was supposed to do, and he got shot."
A spokeswoman for La Marina said in a statement, "Our thoughts are with the victim and his family, and we wish him a speedy recovery. La Marina is cooperating with the NYPD and New York City Parks Department. La Marina cannot comment at this time as this is an active investigation."
The police claimed that there was no other victim except Andrew. They still have no suspects or motives in the shooting.
Donna Gray, a resident who lives near La Marina, commented on the incident, "It makes you not want to come down here anymore. It used to be so quiet down here, now it's not. It's been nothing but trouble since it opened. I'm sorry they ever opened up."
La Marina, which is located at Dyckman St. and the Hudson River, has opened since 2012. The popular restaurant was reported being visited by celebrities including Jay-Z, Beyonce Knowles, Kevin Hart and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts