Kate Mara Says 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is Not Based on Any of the Comics
It seems that "The Fantastic Four" reboot won't have much similarity to the comic books. Kate Mara, who is tapped to play Susan Storm a.k.a. the Invisible Woman in the upcoming Josh Trank-directed flick, said in an interview with Esquire that the superhero redo would not be based on the graphic novel.
"I've never been a fan of comics, I've never actually read one. I was going to for this movie but the director said it wasn't necessary. Well, actually he told us that we shouldn't do it because the plot won't be based on any history of anything already published. So I chose to follow his instructions," she dished on.
"I don't feel more responsibility with this role that I've felt with others," she went on. "I understand that there are many fans of 'Fantastic Four' and I guess they expect a lot from me, but I prefer not to be pressured by that. We are also trying to create a new way of seeing these superheroes, I'm focusing on making her (Sue Storm) as real as possible."
The film is due on June 19, 2015 in the U.S., followed by "The Fantastic Four 2" on July 14, 2017. Miles Teller is cast as Reed Richards or the rubber man, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm or The Thing, Michael B. Jordan as Susan's brother Johnny Storm or Human Torch, and Reg E. Cathey as their father Dr. Storm. Meanwhile, Toby Kebbell will portray the villainous Doctor Doom.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance