Red Carpet Prankster Vitalii Sediuk Apologizes to Celebrities, Plans to Leave the U.S.
Vitalii Sediuk, a former Ukrainian TV journalist who made headlines with his antics on red carpets, has issued another apology to celebrities whom he targeted in the past. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, released on Tuesday, July 15, Sediuk also says that he plans to leave the U.S. to pursue a career as a model in London.
"Basically, I'm changing my life," he says. "I would like to thank Hollywood for having me this two years and a half. It was an experience that taught me a lot in life. Most importantly, I would like to say sorry for celebrities that had to deal with my stunts and thank them for being tolerant to me all this time."
"The motivation behind all my pranks was always positive even when some of them went wrong and were not understood by the public. I came to the decision to move overseas but there's some part of me that will stay in this city. I know you will not miss me," he adds. "#WillMissLosAngeles."
Sediuk has pranked stars at various events. He was slapped by Will Smith after trying to kiss him, disrupted Adele as she received her trophy at the Grammy Awards, hugged Leonardo DiCaprio and Bradley Cooper on the crotch and hid under America Ferrera's dress at the Cannes Film Festival. Speaking of Ferrera, Sediuk told the news outlet that he actually mistook her for Cate Blanchett.
Most recently, Sediuk made headlines as he tried to touch Brad Pitt during the premiere of Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent". The Ukrainian man was arrested and ordered to complete community service following the May 28 incident. He was also ordered to stay 500 yards away from Hollywood events.
More Brad Pitt News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage