Radio Icon Casey Kasem Still Unburied One Month After His Death
Legendary radio host Casey Kasem, who passed away on June 15 at a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington, has not been buried one month after his death. According to a representative for his daughter Kerri Casem, the body is still kept at a mortuary in Tacoma, Washington.
The representative, Danny Deraney, told media on Tuesday, July 15 that the remains had not been claimed. However, he denied that there was an ongoing family dispute between the radio legend's children and his wife Jean Kasem. "Kerri gave the body back to Jean the moment he died," he said.
A spokesperson for the hospital said the body was claimed by the family, but they were not aware whether the burial arrangement had been made. Casey previously expressed that he wanted to be buried at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, Calif.
Casey suffered from Lewy body disease, a form of dementia, prior to his death at the age of 82. "When I was a kid, I would listen to Casey Kasem's AT40 show every weekend, and dream about someday becoming a radio DJ. So when decades later I took over his AT40 countdown show, it was a surreal moment," Ryan Seacrest said in a statement after learning of his passing.
"Casey had a distinctive friendly on-air voice, and he was just as affable and nice if you had the privilege to be in his company. He'll be greatly missed," he added.
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame