Radio Icon Casey Kasem Still Unburied One Month After His Death
Legendary radio host Casey Kasem, who passed away on June 15 at a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington, has not been buried one month after his death. According to a representative for his daughter Kerri Casem, the body is still kept at a mortuary in Tacoma, Washington.
The representative, Danny Deraney, told media on Tuesday, July 15 that the remains had not been claimed. However, he denied that there was an ongoing family dispute between the radio legend's children and his wife Jean Kasem. "Kerri gave the body back to Jean the moment he died," he said.
A spokesperson for the hospital said the body was claimed by the family, but they were not aware whether the burial arrangement had been made. Casey previously expressed that he wanted to be buried at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, Calif.
Casey suffered from Lewy body disease, a form of dementia, prior to his death at the age of 82. "When I was a kid, I would listen to Casey Kasem's AT40 show every weekend, and dream about someday becoming a radio DJ. So when decades later I took over his AT40 countdown show, it was a surreal moment," Ryan Seacrest said in a statement after learning of his passing.
"Casey had a distinctive friendly on-air voice, and he was just as affable and nice if you had the privilege to be in his company. He'll be greatly missed," he added.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'