Octomom Nadya Suleman Pleads No Contest to Welfare Fraud
Nadya Suleman, a woman who is nicknamed Octomom after giving birth to eight children in 2009, has avoided jail sentence in a welfare fraud case. During her appearance in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, July 14, Suleman pleaded no contest to one count of misdemeanor welfare fraud, NY Daily News reports.
The 39-year-old woman then was sentenced to two years of probation. She was also ordered to pay a fine and complete 200 hours of community service. She originally was charged with four felonies and might spend up to five years if convicted of the original charges.
Prosecutors previously alleged that Suleman failed to report $30,000 in earnings from her videos and personal appearances when receiving financial aid. On the Monday session, prosecutors said that Suleman had paid back more than $26,000 to California Department of Health Care Services and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services.
Suleman, who has six older children in addition to the eight children she delivered in 2009, has been having financial problems. She filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and did various jobs such as posing topless on magazine, working in strip club and starring in adult videos to earn more money. "I'm not ashamed of doing it ... I feel as though no woman or man should be ashamed of their body," she previously told TMZ Live.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!