Jessica Simpson, Eric Johnson and Guests 'Having the Time of Their Lives' in Wedding Video
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson (II)'s lavish wedding at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California, was caught on camera and PEOPLE obtained the video. The nuptials which took place on July 5 was attended by 275 family members and friends. The bride and groom were supported by 12 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen, while their children Maxwell and Ace served as flower girl and ring bearer respectively.
In the two-minute clip, Jessica's father Joe Simpson introduces the couple as "Mr. and Mrs. Eric Johnson" for the very first time to the guests gathered. The bride lets out a celebratory, "Woo!" and makes her way down the aisle in her Caroline Herrera gown, holding hands with her brand new husband. Jessica is also seen kissing her husband's hand as they share a loving glance.
The newlyweds then hit the dance floor. They're joined by the guests, including Donald Faison and CaCee Cobb, as well as the bride's sister, Ashlee Simpson.
For the reception, celebrity event planner Mindy Weiss worked with the bride to create a party space inspired by the 1998 film adaptation of "Great Expectations". "She really wanted to have that feeling in the movie when they're dancing," Mindy told PEOPLE.
The clip also shows the many flowers in the wedding. Even the metallic gold cake has purple and green flowers all over it. "There was green amaranthus just hanging from branches that were over the tables. It looked like a beautiful ballroom in the middle of a forest," Mindy added.
"Everyone was having the time of their lives," Jessica said, "It's so surreal. This has been something we've wanted ever since we met."
After the lavish wedding, the couple headed off on a romantic honeymoon to the luxurious Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort in Mexico. "They had an amazing time and looked so in love during the entire visit," an eyewitness told Us Weekly, adding, "they enjoyed cocktails by the pool and spent a lot of time on the beach, just relaxing after their big day."
The couple appeared to have left their children at home. Despite the activities available at the resort, including spa, they chose to avoid them all and preferred to enjoy the gorgeous surrounding. "They just let the natural surroundings put them at peace," the source added.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season