Colin Ferguson Joins 'Vampire Diaries' as New Villain
"The Vampire Diaries" has cast another star for the upcoming season. Colin Ferguson has been added to the cast in the sixth season of The CW's series. He will play a villain named Tripp, who is described as the head of a community militia who will do anything to protect his town, THR reports. Tripp, who is also described as a handsome, strong and disciplined man, will make his first appearance in the premiere episode.
The show's executive producer Julie Plec shared the news in some Twitter posts on Monday, July 14. "Hmmm.... Seem to have 'tripped' my way into a new role... Mystic Falls, hunh? Classic! Everyone who knows the show is telling me I'm going to die. I think I packed too much...," she wrote. Plec additionally tweeted that Tripp would give Sheriff Forbes, played by Marguerite MacIntyre, a run for her money.
In addition to Ferguson, who has appeared on "Haven" and "Eureka" among others, the vampire drama has added actress Gabrielle Walsh for the upcoming season. As reported by Deadline, she will play a character named Sarah who goes to Mystic Falls with a "spunk, street smarts and a shady agenda."
The upcoming season of "The Vampire Diaries" will premiere on October 2 at 8/7c on The CW.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'