Colin Ferguson Joins 'Vampire Diaries' as New Villain
"The Vampire Diaries" has cast another star for the upcoming season. Colin Ferguson has been added to the cast in the sixth season of The CW's series. He will play a villain named Tripp, who is described as the head of a community militia who will do anything to protect his town, THR reports. Tripp, who is also described as a handsome, strong and disciplined man, will make his first appearance in the premiere episode.
The show's executive producer Julie Plec shared the news in some Twitter posts on Monday, July 14. "Hmmm.... Seem to have 'tripped' my way into a new role... Mystic Falls, hunh? Classic! Everyone who knows the show is telling me I'm going to die. I think I packed too much...," she wrote. Plec additionally tweeted that Tripp would give Sheriff Forbes, played by Marguerite MacIntyre, a run for her money.
In addition to Ferguson, who has appeared on "Haven" and "Eureka" among others, the vampire drama has added actress Gabrielle Walsh for the upcoming season. As reported by Deadline, she will play a character named Sarah who goes to Mystic Falls with a "spunk, street smarts and a shady agenda."
The upcoming season of "The Vampire Diaries" will premiere on October 2 at 8/7c on The CW.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival