Colin Ferguson Joins 'Vampire Diaries' as New Villain
"The Vampire Diaries" has cast another star for the upcoming season. Colin Ferguson has been added to the cast in the sixth season of The CW's series. He will play a villain named Tripp, who is described as the head of a community militia who will do anything to protect his town, THR reports. Tripp, who is also described as a handsome, strong and disciplined man, will make his first appearance in the premiere episode.
The show's executive producer Julie Plec shared the news in some Twitter posts on Monday, July 14. "Hmmm.... Seem to have 'tripped' my way into a new role... Mystic Falls, hunh? Classic! Everyone who knows the show is telling me I'm going to die. I think I packed too much...," she wrote. Plec additionally tweeted that Tripp would give Sheriff Forbes, played by Marguerite MacIntyre, a run for her money.
In addition to Ferguson, who has appeared on "Haven" and "Eureka" among others, the vampire drama has added actress Gabrielle Walsh for the upcoming season. As reported by Deadline, she will play a character named Sarah who goes to Mystic Falls with a "spunk, street smarts and a shady agenda."
The upcoming season of "The Vampire Diaries" will premiere on October 2 at 8/7c on The CW.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie