Comic Book Character Archie Will Be Shot Saving Gay Best Friend
Publisher has released some info regarding Archie Andrews' death which previously was announced in April. The beloved character will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend Kevin Keller in a Wednesday, July 16 installment of "Life with Archie", as he intervenes in an assassination attempt involving his friend.
Circumstances around the red-headed character's death will be revealed in "Life with Archie" No. 36. The next issue, meanwhile, will center on people in Riverdale who honor his legacy a year after his death.
"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics publisher and co-CEO, as reported by The Associated Press. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."
"Archie is not a superhero like all the rest of the comic book characters," he added. "He's human. He's a person. When you wound him, he bleeds. He knows that. If anything, I think his death is more impactful because of that. We hope by showing how something so violent can happen to Archie, that we can - in some way - learn from him."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role