Comic Book Character Archie Will Be Shot Saving Gay Best Friend
Publisher has released some info regarding Archie Andrews' death which previously was announced in April. The beloved character will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend Kevin Keller in a Wednesday, July 16 installment of "Life with Archie", as he intervenes in an assassination attempt involving his friend.
Circumstances around the red-headed character's death will be revealed in "Life with Archie" No. 36. The next issue, meanwhile, will center on people in Riverdale who honor his legacy a year after his death.
"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics publisher and co-CEO, as reported by The Associated Press. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."
"Archie is not a superhero like all the rest of the comic book characters," he added. "He's human. He's a person. When you wound him, he bleeds. He knows that. If anything, I think his death is more impactful because of that. We hope by showing how something so violent can happen to Archie, that we can - in some way - learn from him."
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors