Comic Book Character Archie Will Be Shot Saving Gay Best Friend
Publisher has released some info regarding Archie Andrews' death which previously was announced in April. The beloved character will die taking a bullet for his gay best friend Kevin Keller in a Wednesday, July 16 installment of "Life with Archie", as he intervenes in an assassination attempt involving his friend.
Circumstances around the red-headed character's death will be revealed in "Life with Archie" No. 36. The next issue, meanwhile, will center on people in Riverdale who honor his legacy a year after his death.
"The way in which Archie dies is everything that you would expect of Archie," said Jon Goldwater, Archie Comics publisher and co-CEO, as reported by The Associated Press. "He dies heroically. He dies selflessly. He dies in the manner that epitomizes not only the best of Riverdale but the best of all of us. It's what Archie has come to represent over the past almost 75 years."
"Archie is not a superhero like all the rest of the comic book characters," he added. "He's human. He's a person. When you wound him, he bleeds. He knows that. If anything, I think his death is more impactful because of that. We hope by showing how something so violent can happen to Archie, that we can - in some way - learn from him."
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC