Zoe Saldana: 'I Have Been in Relationships Where a Man Has Disrespected Me'
Zoe Saldana dished on her previous relationships before getting married to Marco Perego in an interview with Marie Claire for its August issue. The "Star Trek Into Darkness" actress gave some relationship advice after learning from her previous experience.
Zoe opened up about her previous relationships, saying, "I have been in relationships where a man has disrespected me, and I don't need to be friends with that man anymore. I don't want to be the one going, 'I'm cool, because I'm friends with all my exes.' There's a reason why you're called an ex. I crossed you off my list. Moving on. You cross a line, you need to know that you're going to walk this earth knowing that there's an individual who has no respect for you."
When asked about the biggest thing she learnt from her previous relationships, Zoe said, "Not to settle." She added, "If you're not happy with a person, leave. And wait until you find that one person who makes you feel good about yourself every single day and is not expecting you to change, but to grow."
The "Nina" actress claimed that her current relationship with her husband was totally different from her previous relationships. She said, "I don't do the ABCs. I do what my heart says, what my heart feels. So from the moment I met my husband, we were together. We knew."
Talking about her dream roles she wanted to play in the future, Zoe mentioned Nefertiti and Cleopatra. She shared, "I would love to play Nefertiti or Cleopatra or the Queen of Sheba. We preserve more male history than we do female. We have to preserve it. No more complaining. We have to do it."
Zoe can be seen in her upcoming movie, "Guardians of the Galaxy". She stars along with Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel, and her former boyfriend, Bradley Cooper. The superhero movie will hit U.S. theaters on August 1.
More Zoe Saldana News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance