Jenny McCarthy Moving to SiriusXM Radio, Meredith Vieira Not Interested in Returning to 'The View'
Jenny McCarthy has landed her first gig since announcing her departure from "The View". The former Playboy model will be hosting her own hour-long weekly show on SiriusXM Radio starting Wednesday, July 16.
Titled "Dirty, Sexy, Funny with Jenny McCarthy", the new radio show will feature McCarthy as she talks about "parenting, sex, dating and marriage." Celebrity guests set to appear on the show include Chelsea Handler, Perez Hilton and McCarthy's fiance Donnie Wahlberg.
"It's no secret that I love to talk. I'm excited to do it on SiriusXM without having to interrupt anyone or keep things clean," McCarthy said in a statement. "You can bet your sweet ass this show will live up to its title."
SiriusXM Radio president and chief content officer Scott Greenstein added, "Jenny's no holds barred style and playful personality is sure to entertain listeners. We are excited to welcome her and offer her a platform to have uncensored, unscripted conversations about the topics she's passionate about."
Meanwhile, "The View" is still looking for new co-hosts after McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd announced they would not be returning for the next season. While former "View" co-host Rosie O'Donnell has signed up to return to the show, Meredith Vieira is not interested in taking the same route.
"You can't go home again," she said at the TCA Press Tour in Beverly Hills on Monday. "I knew after nine years that it was my time to leave. I have a pretty good sense of timing, and I always like to get out before something bad happens."
Of O'Donnell's return, the veteran journalist said, "I think she's great, and Whoopi is great. Two very dynamic people." She's open to coming to the show as a guest, saying, "I love those ladies. Certainly Whoopi [Goldberg] and Rosie and whoever else they get. I wish them the best."
On whether the show should add a male co-host to the panel, she commented, "We had guys there as guest hosts toward the end when I was there and it was just different. Never quite right."
Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy will continue to co-host "The View" with Whoopi Goldberg until the end of the season. On Tuesday, Marvel will make use of the show to announce "an all-new thundering title." Ana Belaval will be a guest co-host for the episode.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?