Jenny McCarthy Moving to SiriusXM Radio, Meredith Vieira Not Interested in Returning to 'The View'
Jenny McCarthy has landed her first gig since announcing her departure from "The View". The former Playboy model will be hosting her own hour-long weekly show on SiriusXM Radio starting Wednesday, July 16.
Titled "Dirty, Sexy, Funny with Jenny McCarthy", the new radio show will feature McCarthy as she talks about "parenting, sex, dating and marriage." Celebrity guests set to appear on the show include Chelsea Handler, Perez Hilton and McCarthy's fiance Donnie Wahlberg.
"It's no secret that I love to talk. I'm excited to do it on SiriusXM without having to interrupt anyone or keep things clean," McCarthy said in a statement. "You can bet your sweet ass this show will live up to its title."
SiriusXM Radio president and chief content officer Scott Greenstein added, "Jenny's no holds barred style and playful personality is sure to entertain listeners. We are excited to welcome her and offer her a platform to have uncensored, unscripted conversations about the topics she's passionate about."
Meanwhile, "The View" is still looking for new co-hosts after McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd announced they would not be returning for the next season. While former "View" co-host Rosie O'Donnell has signed up to return to the show, Meredith Vieira is not interested in taking the same route.
"You can't go home again," she said at the TCA Press Tour in Beverly Hills on Monday. "I knew after nine years that it was my time to leave. I have a pretty good sense of timing, and I always like to get out before something bad happens."
Of O'Donnell's return, the veteran journalist said, "I think she's great, and Whoopi is great. Two very dynamic people." She's open to coming to the show as a guest, saying, "I love those ladies. Certainly Whoopi [Goldberg] and Rosie and whoever else they get. I wish them the best."
On whether the show should add a male co-host to the panel, she commented, "We had guys there as guest hosts toward the end when I was there and it was just different. Never quite right."
Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy will continue to co-host "The View" with Whoopi Goldberg until the end of the season. On Tuesday, Marvel will make use of the show to announce "an all-new thundering title." Ana Belaval will be a guest co-host for the episode.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant