NY Knicks Drops Lamar Odom, Re-Signs Cole Aldrich and Carmelo Anthony
For not upholding the standards, Lamar Odom has been kicked out of New York Knicks. The troubled ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian failed to meet the team's necessary requirements.
"Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player," Knicks president Phil Jackson said in a statement on Friday, July 11. "We found it necessary to free up the roster spot."
Rumor has it, Odom has fallen out of his focus as a sportsman since Kardashian filed for divorce from him in December 2013. "There was a lot of hope there when he had his first initial talks with Phil [Jackson]," an insider told Us Weekly. "He gave him a real shot. He kind of threw this one away. He wasn't in it. He's not doing great. Admittedly, he's had a couple rough hands dealt with the family and the Khloe situation being pretty frequently thrown in his face."
Odom got signed on April 16 for a two-year contract, with the second year non-guaranteed. "Everyone was hoping that what went down with Khloe would see him rededicate himself to training and getting in shape for the season but he seems to only be half in it," the insider added.
On the same day Odom's exit was announced, center Cole Aldrich and seven-time NBA All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony were re-signed. "After three months of questions around Carmelo Anthony's return to the New York Knicks, we are now happy to know that we have the cornerstone of what we envision as a 'team of excellence'," Jackson said in a statement.
More Lamar Odom News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event