NY Knicks Drops Lamar Odom, Re-Signs Cole Aldrich and Carmelo Anthony
For not upholding the standards, Lamar Odom has been kicked out of New York Knicks. The troubled ex-husband of Khloe Kardashian failed to meet the team's necessary requirements.
"Unfortunately, Lamar was unable to uphold the standards to return as an NBA player," Knicks president Phil Jackson said in a statement on Friday, July 11. "We found it necessary to free up the roster spot."
Rumor has it, Odom has fallen out of his focus as a sportsman since Kardashian filed for divorce from him in December 2013. "There was a lot of hope there when he had his first initial talks with Phil [Jackson]," an insider told Us Weekly. "He gave him a real shot. He kind of threw this one away. He wasn't in it. He's not doing great. Admittedly, he's had a couple rough hands dealt with the family and the Khloe situation being pretty frequently thrown in his face."
Odom got signed on April 16 for a two-year contract, with the second year non-guaranteed. "Everyone was hoping that what went down with Khloe would see him rededicate himself to training and getting in shape for the season but he seems to only be half in it," the insider added.
On the same day Odom's exit was announced, center Cole Aldrich and seven-time NBA All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony were re-signed. "After three months of questions around Carmelo Anthony's return to the New York Knicks, we are now happy to know that we have the cornerstone of what we envision as a 'team of excellence'," Jackson said in a statement.
More Lamar Odom News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie