Guillermo del Toro Thinks 'Hellboy 3' Won't Happen
Fans who have been waiting for "Hellboy 3" will apparently be left disappointed. Guillermo del Toro, who helmed both "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", said in a recent Reddit AMA session that the third installment wouldn't likely happen despite his desire to make it.
"Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively," he wrote. "But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters."
During the session, del Toro was kind enough to reveal what "Hellboy 3" would be about. "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film," he explained.
"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen," he added.
For now, del Toro is keeping himself busy with a "Pacific Rim" sequel, his thriller "Crimson Peak" and new FX show "The Strain" which premiered on Sunday, July 13.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season