Guillermo del Toro Thinks 'Hellboy 3' Won't Happen
Fans who have been waiting for "Hellboy 3" will apparently be left disappointed. Guillermo del Toro, who helmed both "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", said in a recent Reddit AMA session that the third installment wouldn't likely happen despite his desire to make it.
"Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively," he wrote. "But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters."
During the session, del Toro was kind enough to reveal what "Hellboy 3" would be about. "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film," he explained.
"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen," he added.
For now, del Toro is keeping himself busy with a "Pacific Rim" sequel, his thriller "Crimson Peak" and new FX show "The Strain" which premiered on Sunday, July 13.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce