Guillermo del Toro Thinks 'Hellboy 3' Won't Happen
Fans who have been waiting for "Hellboy 3" will apparently be left disappointed. Guillermo del Toro, who helmed both "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", said in a recent Reddit AMA session that the third installment wouldn't likely happen despite his desire to make it.
"Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively," he wrote. "But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters."
During the session, del Toro was kind enough to reveal what "Hellboy 3" would be about. "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film," he explained.
"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen," he added.
For now, del Toro is keeping himself busy with a "Pacific Rim" sequel, his thriller "Crimson Peak" and new FX show "The Strain" which premiered on Sunday, July 13.
More Hellboy News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump