Guillermo del Toro Thinks 'Hellboy 3' Won't Happen
Fans who have been waiting for "Hellboy 3" will apparently be left disappointed. Guillermo del Toro, who helmed both "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", said in a recent Reddit AMA session that the third installment wouldn't likely happen despite his desire to make it.
"Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively," he wrote. "But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters."
During the session, del Toro was kind enough to reveal what "Hellboy 3" would be about. "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film," he explained.
"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen," he added.
For now, del Toro is keeping himself busy with a "Pacific Rim" sequel, his thriller "Crimson Peak" and new FX show "The Strain" which premiered on Sunday, July 13.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones