Guillermo del Toro Thinks 'Hellboy 3' Won't Happen
Fans who have been waiting for "Hellboy 3" will apparently be left disappointed. Guillermo del Toro, who helmed both "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II: The Golden Army", said in a recent Reddit AMA session that the third installment wouldn't likely happen despite his desire to make it.
"Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively," he wrote. "But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters."
During the session, del Toro was kind enough to reveal what "Hellboy 3" would be about. "Well, you know, we don't have that movie on the horizon, but the idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film," he explained.
"He has to become the best of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It's a very interesting ending to the series, but I don't think it will happen," he added.
For now, del Toro is keeping himself busy with a "Pacific Rim" sequel, his thriller "Crimson Peak" and new FX show "The Strain" which premiered on Sunday, July 13.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other