Ashley Benson Wins 3-Year Restraining Order Against Pervy Security Guard
Ashley Benson has successfully won an extended restraining order against a former Warner Bros. security guard who expressed that he was "acting under instructions from God to pursue a romantic relationship" with the 24-year-old actress. A judge has banned the married security guard from contacting and coming within 100 yards of the actress for the next three years, according to the TMZ. Benson had previously got a temporary restraining order after growing worries and anxiety about the security guard's "threatening intentions."
Court documents obtained by the website revealed that the 49-year-old security guard, James Gorton Jr, worked part-time at the studio where "Pretty Little Liars" was filmed. He allegedly stated that he fell in love with Benson "over a year ago" after first seeing her at a coffee shop near the lot.
Benson's manager, Thor Bradwell, told her that "Gorton has expressed sexual feelings" toward her and "had stated that he is acting under instructions from God to pursue a romantic relationship." "I am also told that Mr. Gorton believes that God has spoken to him through my character on Pretty Little Liars," the actress added. In a petition filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court, Gorton was said to have shown "threatening intentions" towards Benson, leaving her "anxious" , "worried" and "fearful."
Rick Warmack, VP of studio protection for Warner Bros., declared that Gorton had told members of his church that he "planned to marry" Benson. Gorton also told him that he and Benson were meant to "spread the Gospel together" and "live happily every after."
Gorton has been fired from his job at the studio. However, the "Spring Breakers" star still felt the need to file the protective order because she remained "concerned and afraid" that he would contact or approach her in other locations.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story