Artist of the Week: Jason Mraz
Jason Mraz expects to repeat the success of 2012's "Love Is a Four Letter Word" with a new album. Simply titled "Yes!", the upcoming project finds the super talented singer reuniting with Raining Jane whom he has been making music and performing with since 2007.
"Yes!" started from numerous tracks that Mraz wrote with the all-girl group together. "Within the last couple of years, we started to feel more momentum with our musical musings. The years of bonding and growing - both as fivesome and as individuals - added up to a new level of synergy," Raining Jane said in a statement posted on their website when announcing the new record.
"The songs were stronger. They started to feel like an album," they continued and revealed that the four of them, along with Mraz and several "friends and fellow badasses," spent their summer last year working in the studio. "In the end (a new beginning), we ended up with a beautiful record that we are so proud of, so honored to have been invited to co-create and so excited to share with you," they added.
"Yes!", marking Mraz's fifth studio effort, is scheduled to be released on July 15 and has been preceded by lead single "Love Someone" which he debuted for Time back in May. The 37-year-old entertainer recently revealed what to expect from the full-length in an interview with Radio.com.
"The themes on the album are very much the same themes I've written about: optimism, hope, love, joy, healing, faith, acceptance, gratitude," he explained. "This is a conscious decision because I always feel a song should be an affirmation of some kind. It should get you through the present moment and into a more loving or realized future."
Mraz and Raining Jane are set to play a number of intimate concerts in the U.S. to support the new release. He also plans to make a new live album while on the road. "Well, I always try to put out some sort of a live album in between studio records. I am going to have Raining Jane with me all year on this new tour, so we will be recording our shows and that opportunity will be there," he told Broadway World in another interview.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates