Selena Gomez Slams Fan for Posting Hate-Filled Comment
Selena Gomez slammed a fan for bullying on Instagram on July 12. The "Spring Breakers" actress shared a screenshot of her response to the fan, who left a hateful comment on one of Selena's picture. Rather than responding to the comment in a negative way, the "Behaving Badly" actress left a positive response to the fan.
The screenshot read, "The comment you left about cancer was absurd. How distasteful of young woman. I have gone through that battle with fans and family members. You can dislike someone but to wish something that could happen to you or your family is uncalled for sweetheart. You won't be winning 'anyone's' heart that way. Trust me. Educate yourself a tad more. God bless love. Be an amazing woman. You're beautiful."
Selena wrote alongside the picture, "Honestly, I don't speak up much because it's simply *always* taken out of context. But I don't take bullying well. I have seen too much to not say anything."
Selena's brave act received praises from her fans. A fan wrote, "That was a set well example! If someone said that to me I don't think I could ever be that kind back. Your (sic) legit an angel @selenagomez." Meanwhile, another fan posted, "@selenagomez you are the strongest, most beautiful and most inspirational person ever, keep being perfect love from Canada."
More Selena Gomez News
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details