Selena Gomez Slams Fan for Posting Hate-Filled Comment
Selena Gomez slammed a fan for bullying on Instagram on July 12. The "Spring Breakers" actress shared a screenshot of her response to the fan, who left a hateful comment on one of Selena's picture. Rather than responding to the comment in a negative way, the "Behaving Badly" actress left a positive response to the fan.
The screenshot read, "The comment you left about cancer was absurd. How distasteful of young woman. I have gone through that battle with fans and family members. You can dislike someone but to wish something that could happen to you or your family is uncalled for sweetheart. You won't be winning 'anyone's' heart that way. Trust me. Educate yourself a tad more. God bless love. Be an amazing woman. You're beautiful."
Selena wrote alongside the picture, "Honestly, I don't speak up much because it's simply *always* taken out of context. But I don't take bullying well. I have seen too much to not say anything."
Selena's brave act received praises from her fans. A fan wrote, "That was a set well example! If someone said that to me I don't think I could ever be that kind back. Your (sic) legit an angel @selenagomez." Meanwhile, another fan posted, "@selenagomez you are the strongest, most beautiful and most inspirational person ever, keep being perfect love from Canada."
More Selena Gomez News
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters