Selena Gomez Slams Fan for Posting Hate-Filled Comment
Selena Gomez slammed a fan for bullying on Instagram on July 12. The "Spring Breakers" actress shared a screenshot of her response to the fan, who left a hateful comment on one of Selena's picture. Rather than responding to the comment in a negative way, the "Behaving Badly" actress left a positive response to the fan.
The screenshot read, "The comment you left about cancer was absurd. How distasteful of young woman. I have gone through that battle with fans and family members. You can dislike someone but to wish something that could happen to you or your family is uncalled for sweetheart. You won't be winning 'anyone's' heart that way. Trust me. Educate yourself a tad more. God bless love. Be an amazing woman. You're beautiful."
Selena wrote alongside the picture, "Honestly, I don't speak up much because it's simply *always* taken out of context. But I don't take bullying well. I have seen too much to not say anything."
Selena's brave act received praises from her fans. A fan wrote, "That was a set well example! If someone said that to me I don't think I could ever be that kind back. Your (sic) legit an angel @selenagomez." Meanwhile, another fan posted, "@selenagomez you are the strongest, most beautiful and most inspirational person ever, keep being perfect love from Canada."
More Selena Gomez News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie