First 'Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?' Trailer Reveals the Mysterious Figure
"Who is John Galt?" is the opening line in Ayn Rand's novel of "Atlas Shrugged" and the question that the new trailer of the movie wants to emphasize. The final movie in the trilogy finally reveals a shadowy figure who claims himself as the mysterious John Galt.
The trailer debuted on Friday, July 11 in front of politic drama "Persecuted", THR reported. It shows a degrading America where factories are closed, goods become scarce and jobs are lost. "You've asked that question, not expecting an answer. I'm here to answer it," Galt narrates as he comes into picture.
"Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?" takes place in a dystopian U.S. where government regulation and high taxes have stifled the economy. Bureaucrats blame society's ills on those who are most successful, so the hard-working entrepreneurs participate in a bizarre "strike," orchestrated, perhaps, by a mysterious figure known as "John Galt."
Kristoffer Polaha plays Galt, supported by Laura Regan and Rob Morrow as protagonists Dagny Taggart and Hank Rearden. The movie will hit limited theaters in the U.S. September 12.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance