First 'Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?' Trailer Reveals the Mysterious Figure
"Who is John Galt?" is the opening line in Ayn Rand's novel of "Atlas Shrugged" and the question that the new trailer of the movie wants to emphasize. The final movie in the trilogy finally reveals a shadowy figure who claims himself as the mysterious John Galt.
The trailer debuted on Friday, July 11 in front of politic drama "Persecuted", THR reported. It shows a degrading America where factories are closed, goods become scarce and jobs are lost. "You've asked that question, not expecting an answer. I'm here to answer it," Galt narrates as he comes into picture.
"Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?" takes place in a dystopian U.S. where government regulation and high taxes have stifled the economy. Bureaucrats blame society's ills on those who are most successful, so the hard-working entrepreneurs participate in a bizarre "strike," orchestrated, perhaps, by a mysterious figure known as "John Galt."
Kristoffer Polaha plays Galt, supported by Laura Regan and Rob Morrow as protagonists Dagny Taggart and Hank Rearden. The movie will hit limited theaters in the U.S. September 12.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed