First 'Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?' Trailer Reveals the Mysterious Figure
"Who is John Galt?" is the opening line in Ayn Rand's novel of "Atlas Shrugged" and the question that the new trailer of the movie wants to emphasize. The final movie in the trilogy finally reveals a shadowy figure who claims himself as the mysterious John Galt.
The trailer debuted on Friday, July 11 in front of politic drama "Persecuted", THR reported. It shows a degrading America where factories are closed, goods become scarce and jobs are lost. "You've asked that question, not expecting an answer. I'm here to answer it," Galt narrates as he comes into picture.
"Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?" takes place in a dystopian U.S. where government regulation and high taxes have stifled the economy. Bureaucrats blame society's ills on those who are most successful, so the hard-working entrepreneurs participate in a bizarre "strike," orchestrated, perhaps, by a mysterious figure known as "John Galt."
Kristoffer Polaha plays Galt, supported by Laura Regan and Rob Morrow as protagonists Dagny Taggart and Hank Rearden. The movie will hit limited theaters in the U.S. September 12.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says