'Percy Jackson' Star Douglas Smith Joins 'Terminator 5'
Douglas Smith has been added to the cast of the upcoming "Terminator 5" a.k.a. "Terminator: Genesis", Deadline reports. However, it's still unclear which character will be played by the 29-year-old star, who starred as a Cyclops in "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" and as Ben Henrickson on HBO's "Big Love".
The new "Terminator" movie is currently filming in New Orleans. Smith joins other cast members including "Game of Thrones" star Emilia Clarke (Sarah Connor) and "Divergent" actor Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese). Arnold Schwarzenegger is reprising his role as the titular killing machine.
Directed by Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World"), the film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on July 1, 2015.
Smith will also star in Sandy Tung's indie "Evan's Crime", where he'll play a college student who lands a seven-year prison sentence after a minor drug bust. It leads him to seeking vengeance against the corrupt prosecutor who put him behind bars. The flick is slated to be released nationwide next year.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors