'Percy Jackson' Star Douglas Smith Joins 'Terminator 5'
Douglas Smith has been added to the cast of the upcoming "Terminator 5" a.k.a. "Terminator: Genesis", Deadline reports. However, it's still unclear which character will be played by the 29-year-old star, who starred as a Cyclops in "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" and as Ben Henrickson on HBO's "Big Love".
The new "Terminator" movie is currently filming in New Orleans. Smith joins other cast members including "Game of Thrones" star Emilia Clarke (Sarah Connor) and "Divergent" actor Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese). Arnold Schwarzenegger is reprising his role as the titular killing machine.
Directed by Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World"), the film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on July 1, 2015.
Smith will also star in Sandy Tung's indie "Evan's Crime", where he'll play a college student who lands a seven-year prison sentence after a minor drug bust. It leads him to seeking vengeance against the corrupt prosecutor who put him behind bars. The flick is slated to be released nationwide next year.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'