'Percy Jackson' Star Douglas Smith Joins 'Terminator 5'
Douglas Smith has been added to the cast of the upcoming "Terminator 5" a.k.a. "Terminator: Genesis", Deadline reports. However, it's still unclear which character will be played by the 29-year-old star, who starred as a Cyclops in "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" and as Ben Henrickson on HBO's "Big Love".
The new "Terminator" movie is currently filming in New Orleans. Smith joins other cast members including "Game of Thrones" star Emilia Clarke (Sarah Connor) and "Divergent" actor Jai Courtney (Kyle Reese). Arnold Schwarzenegger is reprising his role as the titular killing machine.
Directed by Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World"), the film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on July 1, 2015.
Smith will also star in Sandy Tung's indie "Evan's Crime", where he'll play a college student who lands a seven-year prison sentence after a minor drug bust. It leads him to seeking vengeance against the corrupt prosecutor who put him behind bars. The flick is slated to be released nationwide next year.
More Terminator Genisys News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now